My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax, if you haven't gotten a dry suit yet, you might find that Rob (or at least Jen) has a different attitude towards the Fusion now. Lynne and I were both diving our Fusions this week. They are a very nice suit for caves, OW, warm or cold. IF you are going to use them in cold water, just make sure you get one big enough to easily get the heavy undergarments in.

It sounds like you and Lynne are about the same size and she is very comfortable in the Sm/Med Fusion -- but she also wears my L/XL as her backup suit. She couldn't wear the White's boots but I find them wonderful

I have my Fusion! :yeahbaby: It's the 2XS-XS; The only time it is tight is when I bend over straight-legged to kiss my knee . . . I don't think I'll need to do that much when I'm diving. :wink: That's with the Xerotherms, but I'm not seeing much difference in the Arctics.

The only time it is tight is when I bend over straight-legged to kiss my knee . . . I don't think I'll need to do that much when I'm diving. :wink:

I can't do that in shorts and a t-shirt!!! :mooner:

OK,

Today I tried dual long hoses with swivels on a dive in Peacock. I loved it!!! I used a double reg necklace with a 6" spacer that worked VERY well. I am going to shorten the spacer by an inch and that may be the only mod I need to do on that.

I did not loop the hoses around the back of my neck. There was only enough hose to reach up to my mouth with the reg in place (both sides). I really loved this.

I also played with my light head, stretching the elastic handle around my first stage. I could not get it stable, so it went back on my hand. I will be working more on this as time goes on.

OK,

Today I tried dual long hoses with swivels on a dive in Peacock. I loved it!!! I used a double reg necklace with a 6" spacer that worked VERY well. I am going to shorten the spacer by an inch and that may be the only mod I need to do on that.

I did not loop the hoses around the back of my neck. There was only enough hose to reach up to my mouth with the reg in place (both sides). I really loved this.

I also played with my light head, stretching the elastic handle around my first stage. I could not get it stable, so it went back on my hand. I will be working more on this as time goes on.
You say you did not loop the hoses around your neck. Did you just leave them strapped to the tank with just enough hose out to reach you? I considered doing double long hoses because it just seemed more logical. As of right now I have my primary bungied, and my long hose strapped to the tank with just enough to make it to me and I clip it to one of my d-rings. I think I would like the bungie it as well, it just seems to be more logical and ready to go that way.

You say you did not loop the hoses around your neck. Did you just leave them strapped to the tank with just enough hose out to reach you?
Yes, and it was righteous. I hate the feel of the pull across my neck, especially if I gear up out of the water. Once horizontal, I stuff as much hose in as I want. My double reg necklace makes it easy to switch too. I just move from one side to the other and don't have to worry about clipping off. If my buddy needs a hose, they can grab either one as it just pulls right out of the necklace.

Yes, and it was righteous. I hate the feel of the pull across my neck, especially if I gear up out of the water. Once horizontal, I stuff as much hose in as I want. My double reg necklace makes it easy to switch too. I just move from one side to the other and don't have to worry about clipping off. If my buddy needs a hose, they can grab either one as it just pulls right out of the necklace.

:worthless:

That is what I thought you were saying, but I just wanted to verify, I have been keeping my 7' hose tucked in on the tank already, and have been happy with it that way. I was going to add a second long hose and bungie but was unsure of how to donate air if the need came around. I guess in that case one could just pull the reg out of the necklace and be done with it.

What do you do if your long hose is clipped off? Not very quick in offering it if you have to unclip first.

What do you do if your long hose is clipped off? Not very quick in offering it if you have to unclip first.
I tie bungee around the mouthpiece and have a bolt snap in that. That way it doesn't pull free on accident, but anyone who yanks at it gets the reg.

I guess I never thought about it in that aspect. But now that I think of it, having it bungied around my neck sounds like a better and quicker way to deploy it if necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom