My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well look at it this way. Not much longer and Rob can fix everything and it will work right :D

:thumb: I just hope the weather holds . . .

:thumb: I just hope the weather holds . . .

I promise the water will be a nice 68 degrees :wink:

:hm: It seems I'm too short to wear the valves in my armpits. It puts the tail of the tank too far back.

I promise the water will be a nice 68 degrees :wink:

Right! :lol: Says the guy who tells me his suit freezes after coming out out of the water! :fear:

Yeah, and we don't want to hear how COLD it is either. It's a freezing 73oF here!

Your AC must be on the fritz! Either that or you like it too warm... :wink:

Jax:
It seems I'm too short to wear the valves in my armpits. It puts the tail of the tank too far back.

It's all a matter of rigging it up correctly....n:blinking:

:hm: It seems I'm too short to wear the valves in my armpits. It puts the tail of the tank too far back.

??? Nah! How tall are you (I'd prefer metric but those "we love the queen" units you folks use will do), what size tanks, and how far from the base of your tank to the anchor point of your rear clips (cam bands, whatever)?

??? Nah! How tall are you (I'd prefer metric but those "we love the queen" units you folks use will do), what size tanks, and how far from the base of your tank to the anchor point of your rear clips (cam bands, whatever)?

Sorry, I'm teasing Rob . . . :blush:

I've been trying to get my bungees shortened to put the tanks in proper position - Rob's been critiquing via pics and videos . . . .

It's my latest excuse for being singularly incapable! :whistling:

I'm 5'4" and using Worthington -100's

Jax, if you haven't gotten a dry suit yet, you might find that Rob (or at least Jen) has a different attitude towards the Fusion now. Lynne and I were both diving our Fusions this week. They are a very nice suit for caves, OW, warm or cold. IF you are going to use them in cold water, just make sure you get one big enough to easily get the heavy undergarments in.

It sounds like you and Lynne are about the same size and she is very comfortable in the Sm/Med Fusion -- but she also wears my L/XL as her backup suit. She couldn't wear the White's boots but I find them wonderful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom