My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax, SDI has a lot of course offerings. All the recreational agencies offer dry suit courses.

Pete, who is HE?

Are those jet fins? If so, you need to get lighter fins. Personally, I like the Dive Rite fins, but OMS Slipstreams are also light if you like that style.
:D

:hm: Does Cave Adventurers have trial fins? I really have no idea what I like. . . . :) I do very well in the Jets, and they trim nicely with my single. I don't even have boots for the drysuit, yet. Don't know what I want.

Yes, they have Dive Rite and OMS Slipstreams for trial. As for the dry suit boots, I recommend getting a dry suit with socks and using wet suit boots one size larger than your usual so you don't have to have a different set of fins for dry suit diving.

I use dive rite fins for SM, jet fins for BM. I didn't want to add shoulder weight to my Sm rig, so I took as much off my feet as possible.

Well, in spite of my better judgment, I went out into the frigid temps and hit the pool.

I hooked up my tanks with a 4" double dog clip on the brass rings around the valve. They hung too low, so I hooked the clips on the top D-ring. Not bad.

Finally, I took off the 4" double, and ran the corded butterfly clip through the top ring, and back around to clip to the brass ring. Absolutely awesome!

With the tanks cinched up this way, the tank crown, not the valves, were under my arm. My trim was about perfect. When I totally relaxed and let out all my breath, I slowly settled, touching the front of the tank just barely before the rear of the tank landed.

Somehow, I don't think this's going to fly . . . . . . . :sprint:

I forgot my camera. :(

Yeah, and we don't want to hear how COLD it is either. It's a freezing 73oF here!

Well, in spite of my better judgment, I went out into the frigid temps and hit the pool.

I hooked up my tanks with a 4" double dog clip on the brass rings around the valve. They hung too low, so I hooked the clips on the top D-ring. Not bad.

Finally, I took off the 4" double, and ran the corded butterfly clip through the top ring, and back around to clip to the brass ring. Absolutely awesome!

With the tanks cinched up this way, the tank crown, not the valves, were under my arm. My trim was about perfect. When I totally relaxed and let out all my breath, I slowly settled, touching the front of the tank just barely before the rear of the tank landed.

Somehow, I don't think this's going to fly . . . . . . . :sprint:
Well look at it this way. Not much longer and Rob can fix everything and it will work right :D

Back
Top Bottom