my SUUNTO ZOOP logged dives deeper than actually dove.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anybody had any issue like this? I have never been below 110' but when I connected my ZOOP to DM5 some of my dives are listed as deep as 150'-200'. Im so confused. lol...

Did it say that on the computer too or only when uploaded? There were pressure sensor problems with some Suuntos.

Has anybody had any issue like this? I have never been below 110' but when I connected my ZOOP to DM5 some of my dives are listed as deep as 150'-200'. Im so confused. lol...
Did you check the date of dives to make sure they are yours (if you bought second hand or lent your computer)

I'll vote for a defective pressure sensor
My Suunto sensor failed on its second day of diving so I wouldn’t rule out a defective sensor. :)

OP, you can go to a Suunto service centre: on their website they have a locator to find the closest to you. Make sure to filter or service centres as they are the only ones to be able to diagnostic them before they are sent for repairs.

I am assuming that you are still under warranty

Service centers

After you do the basic troubleshooting already suggested, start here:
Home | Suunto Dive Computer Settlement

There is a toll free number on that site too, in case you can't tell if it applies to you or not. If it does, follow that process so that you won't even pay for shipping to a service center.

If the computer shows the same depth as DM5 after downloading, then I agree it is most likely a pressure sensor.

HOWEVER...

If the computer show the correct depth and the DM5 shows a different depth, it very well could be the DM5 software. DM5 has severe problems abd most of us using Suuntos have completely abandoned it. If your Zoop does in fact shiwbthebcorrect depths, download Subsurface (it's free) and try downloading the dives into it. If Subsurface shows the same readings as the Zoop, then DM5 is most likely your problem.

Is it possible that the computer or software came with demo dive data?

My AL software has a couple of fun looking dives from the Caymans that show up for example, and I've never been there.

Is it possible that the computer or software came with demo dive data?

My AL software has a couple of fun looking dives from the Caymans that show up for example, and I've never been there.
Interesting, but no, that is not the case with Suunto computers or their DM5 software.

If the computer shows the same depth as DM5 after downloading, then I agree it is most likely a pressure sensor.

HOWEVER...

If the computer show the correct depth and the DM5 shows a different depth, it very well could be the DM5 software. DM5 has severe problems abd most of us using Suuntos have completely abandoned it. If your Zoop does in fact shiwbthebcorrect depths, download Subsurface (it's free) and try downloading the dives into it. If Subsurface shows the same readings as the Zoop, then DM5 is most likely your problem.

I only recently downloaded the DM5 and the additional driver for it for my MAC so Im hoping this is the issue. I will try SubSurface. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom