My New Undies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle gave me his underwear dealer's information, and yesterday I got *MY* set of custom undies.

*WHOO HOO*

My setup is a bit different than his. No microfleece/pajama liner in mine. I've got a more manly one-piece jumpsuit (can I say manly and jumpsuit in the same sentence :wink:), which is built from a single layer of black Polartec-300.

I went with the one-piece because I had some hunting polypros ride up when I dove with them in the pool, leaving a cool spot in the middle of my body. I was concerned (almost certinaly un-necessarily) about the same thing happening with a two-piece. Plus, I wanted to have a setup like my wife, who has a one-piece.

I suspect Uncle Pug's are a bit warmer and softer (two layers and such), but I plan on using a bottom layer of thin polyproplene (sp?) undewear under mine when diving in cold water, and I have a polartec vest for keeping my torso warm. I'll also be able to use the setup in warmer water by using fewer layers, so this'll be great for my situation.

I haven't had them in the water yet, but I was wearing them around the house yesterday and they're *very* warm and comfy. I won't get a chance to try mine out in a real dive until next weekend on my trip to Seattle, where I'll spend one day diving with our favorite uncle.

I *highly* recommend UP's underwear dealer. She does quality work, and although I didn't get the extra-special treatment on mine (buttonhole, pockets, etc..), I'm more than happy with my setup. I did get the warm sockets, which will be nice to have. I sent her my measurements over email, and the lenghts (arms, legs, torso) are absolutely perfect for the drysuit. I compared my suit to my wife's (a DUI), and the stictching is probably better on mine. :)

Just to contrast, my wife set of 300G Polartec undies came with her drysuit, which would cost ~4X as much as my setup if we had bought them retail. (That's how much my set would have cost from the local dealer). Her undies are a also a one-piece 300G setup, but have two layers. UP's dealer could have made me a double layer one-piece (for twice as much as expected), but I don't think I need it.

Thanks for the recommendation Uncle!!!!

Nate

ps. Is Uncle Pug an underwear pusher? Have I become one as well? :jester:

Several have asked for a picture (including the lady that makes them) so here you go....

Your a lucky feller Nate!

Of course the price went up and Shane had to pay twice as much as Newton but we figured it was still a really good deal....

The price is now $155 for the single or doube piece 300g and I think she said $135 for the 200g.

I have no pecuniary interest in this... I just think it is an exceptional deal and I pay the same as everyone else.

Here is the picture of us in our underwear:

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Several have asked for a picture (including the lady that makes them) so here you go....

Awwww, that's nice. :)

Your a lucky feller Nate!

I am, in more ways than in my underwear selection. :)

Of course the price went up and Shane had to pay twice as much as Newton but we figured it was still a really good deal....

The price is now $155 for the single or double piece 300g and I think she said $135 for the 200g.

It's still worth every penny.

Nate

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Where's the high heels?
Ber borrowed them for her profile picture and won't give them back... probably going to even wear them to her wedding which she didn't invite me to and.... well I'll see if I can air brush some in just for you Don...

Originally posted by Iguana Don
:hmmm: 29 posts all about Uncle Pug's new underwear?

Does anybody see anything wrong here?:confused:

And the picture's been downloaded 27 times! Where will it end? Penthouse? Maybe not... But Hustler is certainly a possibility!

I intend to post one for the board when I send the snail mail ones out but you can have yours early :)

Uncle, would you like to come and watch Bruce and I get married? The ceremony will be behind the Chevy dealership in Brookville, Ohio on June 22, 2002 at 11:30 am with the reception to follow.

You can have your heels back, I found a dark ruby pair to wear for the wedding :wink: Snakeskin didn't go with my red and white color scheme :rolleyes:

Ber :bunny:

Uncle, would you like to come and watch Bruce and I get married? The ceremony will be behind the Chevy dealership in Brookville, Ohio on June 22, 2002 at 11:30 am with the reception to follow.
Shoot... wouldn't ya know it...
I'm a Ford man...
Just kidding... I have a Toyota...
I would sure like to be there but June 22 is out...
Any chance you'll change the date...
And have it behind the Toyota dealership...
In Seattle?

Hey!!! How come you're not having an underwater wedding?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom