My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ran by the shop to get the bolts shortened. Hacksaw. You can see my dwarf dubs sit much higher with the new short plate. It’s a definite keeper. :D

CE30086B-AD89-4DA0-9EB9-0804AFE283D7.jpeg
1340D628-2976-44A8-BCBF-53AA863BD330.jpeg

I have a similar rig to that complete with Vindicator knobs. Love that setup! So easy to see the status of all three valves. Nice Marie.

I have a similar rig to that complete with Vindicator knobs. Love that setup! So easy to see the status of all three valves. Nice Marie.

Vindicator knobs came with my HP80s when I bought them last year. Liked them so much I got them on modular valves for SM. DGX actually recommends a Vindicator on the manifold, citing accidents when divers splashed with the manifold OFF.

Pic shows size difference between short and standard plates. I’m selling the standard plate.

BA401F29-14FC-4426-93CE-7900E0CF9CFE.jpeg

You’ll notice that on the short plate there is less space between the top bolt hole and the top edge of the plate. This means the same tanks will sit “higher” on the short plate, as you have noticed. The same result could have been achieved by moving the bands down on the tanks.

But you also mentioned you like where the waist belt now sits, so that’s a reason to switch that you can’t fix otherwise.

Don’t forget to lengthen the crotch strap if you want to maintain the same fit.

DGX actually recommends a Vindicator on the manifold, citing accidents when divers splashed with the manifold OFF
Dive shops often recommend things that are more expensive.

Why didn’t they just reach back and turn on their valves? (Never had this happen, so genuinely interested)

Vindicator knobs came with my HP80s when I bought them last year. Liked them so much I got them on modular valves for SM. DGX actually recommends a Vindicator on the manifold, citing accidents when divers splashed with the manifold OFF.
That reminds me....

The way I was taught to notice that the manifold is closed is that my SPG is not going down on the dive. Start at 210 bar, 20 minutes later still at 210 bar then it must be closed.

When using wireless off the right hand post this will not work, instead you need to notice you seem to be breathing twice as fast as expected.

Dive shops often recommend things that are more expensive.

Why didn’t they just reach back and turn on their valves?
Because they don’t notice, and if they do notice they don’t figure out why. Nobody gets cleverer in the water. Also, they could be confused and actually closing it in the water, particularly when practicing incompetently. Everyone starts off incompetent...

Because they don’t notice, and if they do notice they don’t figure out why. Nobody gets cleverer in the water. Also, they could be confused and actually closing it in the water, particularly when practicing incompetently. Everyone starts off incompetent...

OK. Well people might start off incompetent, but some are less incompetent than others, particularly those that do a pre dive safety check.

I still don’t understand how they could not just reach back and turn them on? It doesn’t take very long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom