My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@guruboy , Steve is cut from a different cloth, I detect a solid 'click' with Marie13...

So I finally make my way up to the great white frozen north and am late for the first day of class as a snowmobile of pelts was blocking my car. Called in, 'No prob.'

Finally get there and was immediately carded. Jeez!!! Cards??? The only time I ever needed one was once and only once to get O2 neat. Technology saves the day, got a pic of a bunch of them sent by phone and shortly verified online.

Instructors (and cards) are different. :wink:

I particularly like my pic on the card I got:

Ice Card.jpg

I'm 6'3", 230+ pounds. I have dived with aluminum 80s and 100s, steel 72s, 80s, 95s, 100s, 119s, 120s, 130s, double steel 80s, double 95s, and double 120s. I enjoyed every dive with them. Each configuration allowed me to make the most out of a dive. I wouldn't take doubles up and down the goat trails of Palos Verdes so the smaller single tanks served me well. I couldn't have seen some of the deeper reefs and wrecks of Southern California without double 120s. They're just tools. There is no such thing as one tool for every job. Double steel 80s might seem great now but there may be a time when you want more gas or lighter tanks. Furthering your diving career requires an open mind.

You know the saying, “Garbage in, garbage out?”

Did I say I was only ever going to dive double HP80s? NO. But I’m starting with them and I’ll go from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom