My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't it obvious by now that @Marie13 will do what she wants to do and does not need pontificators?

Isn't it obvious by now that @Marie13 will do what she wants to do and does not need pontificators?
Personally I think there's something to learn from most everyone, including GUE cave instructors teaching fundies classes in FL without AI transmitters :)

This thread started in aug2017. It's more than 1 year later. I don't want to read 43 pages. ;-) I guess at the first page people were telling Marie to do fundamentals, she didn't want to. That is the same situation after more than a year and/or 43 pages.

But can you make a summary in the first or last post ?

- What have you changed at your gear?
- Have you already did scuba courses ?
- What kind of dives are doing now ?

That would be more interesting for me than reading a discussion about fundamentals. ;-)

This thread started in aug2017. It's more than 1 year later. I don't want to read 43 pages. ;-) I guess at the first page people were telling Marie to do fundamentals, she didn't want to. That is the same situation after more than a year and/or 43 pages.

But can you make a summary in the first or last post ?

- What have you changed at your gear?
- Have you already did scuba courses ?
- What kind of dives are doing now ?

That would be more interesting for me than reading a discussion about fundamentals. ;-)

Tried SM this year, including the course. Didn’t work out. Gearing up is a pain. Boat diving is a pain with it. Trying a twinset in the pool next month for the first time. Doubled up my HP80s (steel 10L for you).

Doing Intro to Tech in August for various reasons outlined a page or two back.

I dive Great Lakes wrecks. Not interested in caves at all. I’m not a warm water diver. I will also not take a class from someone who isn’t a Great Lakes wreck diver. Running down to FL for classes is not part of my vocabulary.

Brief enough for you?

Those pushing fundies aggressively consider that it may actually have the opposite effect desired.

Can @Marie report all fundies (now known as the “F” word) posts in her threadd as “offensive” and have them removed? o_O
:poke:

Doing Intro to Tech in August for various reasons outlined a page or two back.

I heard somewhere that "it's the instructor, not the agency." :wink: All I know of @abnfrog is what I have gleaned from his posts, but I get the impression he will teach the same "fundamentals" of tech diving as a GUE instructor would.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom