My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe more Helping the OP with here actual question and less do as we do. Next we will be telling @Marie13 she should go diving in the Caribbean. We all know how much she loves flying and warm water... hahahaha :rofl3:

I have no clue who the heck Meridith is. No urge to do Fundies. August is booked - ITT in the Great White North and diving the Great Lakes every chance I get.
Are you waiting until August to do Intro to Tech? Are you going to be diving the twinset regularly until then? It is a short course to teach diving a twinset plus some bits about dive planing, teams and stuff. I’d suggest doing it sooner if you can.

Are you waiting until August to do Intro to Tech? Are you going to be diving the twinset regularly until then? It is a short course to teach diving a twinset plus some bits about dive planing, teams and stuff. I’d suggest doing it sooner if you can.

June is my Straits of Mackinac trip. July is Toby. Spring has awful flies in northern Canada. I’ll do August. I’m having to coordinate with coworkers’ vacation schedules, anyway.

I do like the way that everyone thinks that they can change Marie's ways. So far: Marie 5,247 - Others 0. It is damn entertaining nonetheless. :banghead:
Indeed! :p
I have no desire to offer any suggestions except for entertainment purposes

A. I don’t think most responders, much less all, think they can “change Maries ways” - nor do they want to.

B. These forums and threads don’t exist solely for the people who started them, they gain a life of their own and are a tool for the entire community.

It’s reasonable for people to want to correct misstatements/misconceptions. In this case, people who have actually taken fundies are responding to misconceptions about the class, which were created by people who haven’t taken the class! That is not about Marie, it is just occurring in a thread she started.

I actually didn’t see many people suggesting fundies for Marie after she made it so clear she wasn’t interested. Again, I saw people who have taken fundies speaking to mis- characterizations in the thread. Along the same lines, I think it’s reasonable / not surprising some people are questioning why a recommendation for a particular class which focuses on fundamental skills is verboten in a thread that often brings up issues related to those same fundamental tech diving skills, I don’t fault people for their curiosity any more than I fault Marie for not wanting to answer.

Regards,
Kate

* I personally may have mentioned fundies to Marie, over a year ago in a private message. I thought it might be a good class for her given her development path and what she was looking for, but once she said she wasn’t interested, I dropped it. “No means no” in my book - I respect Marie’s decision and frankly think it’s right for her.

I do like the way that everyone thinks that they can change Marie's ways. So far: Marie 5,247 - Others 0. It is damn entertaining nonetheless.

I personally may have mentioned fundies to Marie, over a year ago in a private message. I thought it might be a good class for her given her development path and what she was looking for, but once she said she wasn’t interested, I dropped it. “No means no” in my book - I respect Marie’s decision and frankly think it’s right for her.

Well, someone finally speaks some sense! Thanks, Kate!

Such baloney.

The class is a few days long. Is it really that hard for people to check their ego at the door and listen to what someone has to say for a few days? Can't wear a heavy twinset? Who cares? Do it in a damn single tank.

Well, aren't you a wee bit peevish?

Let's see, PADI can be trashed, but GUE/Fundies are apparently untouchable. I've seen people told they were making the correct decision when they said they didn't want to take PADI class, but for someone to say they don't want to take Fundies, they've got too big of an ego?

:rofl3:

Good Lord, where do you people come up with this stuff? :facepalm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom