My first scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I posted for some help last week on the fins and mask section and I got some pretty good advice. After many days of research and shopping, here is what I bought:

BCD: Oceanic Hera with the alternate air source installed
Regulator: Mares V42 Proton metal she dives
Computer: Oceanic Atom 2.0 watch
Fins: Oceanic V16
Snorkel: Oceanic ultra dry
Wetsuits: Henderson H2 5MM, Henderson H2 hooded vest, Henderson microprene
Boots: Henderson Insta dry

I feel pretty good with my decision. It really took a whole lot of research!

Congratulations on having dug yourself into the expensive pit of diving :D
Im sure your gear will give you lots of fun for years to come.
Did you buy a tank as well or is that waiting for later?

No matter what type of diving you are doing, I also suggest two knives, positioned so that if you are snagged in a way that you can't reach one you can still reach the other. This advice will sound stupid until the first time you get wrapped up in fishing line...

Hahaha!! Thanks...yeah, very expensive. I will be buying a tank but after my certification is complete. I figured that I'd rather learn in my own gear since that I what I'll be diving with.

I actually did buy a knife and retractable compass. I'm sure it'll come in handy! A second knife sounds good, just not another expensive one I just bought!! Ouch, but it looks so cool!

Congratulations on your new gear purchases, Marinediver77, it's so exciting buying new scuba toys!!! :D

I have the same reg and love it. It has faithfully gotten me through all my tropical reefs, ocean, wrecks, quarry, lake, kelp forest and cenotes dives without any issues, even in cold water 44 degree water temp without freezing or free flowing.

congratz on your first gear buy

years from now ... and thousands of dollars later ...

you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll do it again and again

:)

Yeah, I read a lot of good reviews on the mares regulator. I'm glad to hear that someone else has it and likes it!

I'm really excited about my gear. Everything is supposed to come in by this Wed. or Friday, so I can't wait!

Hey Marinediver77,

Could you kindly share where did you purchase these from and at what price?
I am looking to buy gear as well and am trying to find out where to get the best deals from.
Thanks a bunch.

Congrats............sounds like a great setup...........

I might suggest adding some items for safety.......

See-me tube (DSMB) - such as a Carter 35 lb Personal float
Whistle - such as a Storm Whistle (unless the BC came with one)
LED light - lots to see under rocks and crevices, night signaling - such as a Scuba Pro Fuego

You already have a knife, I might suggest a set of paramedic shears instead of a second knife..........

Hope this helps................M

CSR, sorry in the delayed responce. Things have been pretty busy over here. My total cost for all my gear was $3,687.43. If you have any other questions, just let me know.
This also includes my oceanic luggage for the plane and another carrying case for wet gear, along with my knife, antifog...etc.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom