Help with my first Scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My number $100 :)
M'kay
im 6’5” I can’t just “rent” much,
Now I'm curious to your BCD. Titanium BP/W?
size 15 feet,
You don't need fins then! There, I just saved you 2 lbs! :)
regulator
I'm not a fan of renting, as an acquaintance shared a story where he inhaled flakes of vomit as the person the previous day involuntarily fed the fish and the tech didn't clean out the reg sufficiently (you know, the one that would service people's regs if they had parts).
and mask are about the only thing I could rent.
Mask? Seriously? That is such a personal item for fit. Unless you are lucky with the fit, renting is a bad idea.

So 10% of the world's male population is over 6 feet. My Google skills are not up to par to find what percentage if 6'5" or taller.

You represent an even smaller percentage of the dive market. Your choices certainly make sense for your physical condition, height, and all, but you have to agree that it doesn't apply for the average diver.

M'kay

Now I'm curious to your BCD. Titanium BP/W?
AL outlaw
You don't need fins then! There, I just saved you 2 lbs! :)
my feet are to narrow.

I'm not a fan of renting, as an acquaintance shared a story where he inhaled flakes of vomit as the person the previous day involuntarily fed the fish and the tech didn't clean out the reg sufficiently (you know, the one that would service people's regs if they had parts).
I don’t rent, never have but I did use a rental b/c on Truk because for a few days my backplate was held up in Guam when the airline decided my stuff didn’t need to be there, first time I decided to not carry everything, luckily I had my other gear on me.
Mask? Seriously? That is such a personal item for fit. Unless you are lucky with the fit, renting is a bad idea.

So 10% of the world's male population is over 6 feet. My Google skills are not up to par to find what percentage if 6'5" or taller.

You represent an even smaller percentage of the dive market. Your choices certainly make sense for your physical condition, height, and all, but you have to agree that it doesn't apply for the average diver.

Old TV reference or comment on how I move? :wink:
You rang?
A little bit of both I suspect but I was going for the old TV ref. I figured that you're wisened enough to have seen it.
With your size I was thinking "Reacher" [the new one, not Tom whatever], you are big. :acclaim:

Off topic sorry.:topic:

What did you get?
Apeks xtx50
Zeagle Ranger (if I was doing it again, I would possibly consider a backplate…maybe🤔)
Hollis F1 fins
Hollis SPG
DUI TLS350 drysuit (Fourth Element undergarments)
Shear water Peregrine (AI would be nice but I can live without it(.
Aqualung Teknika

After 2 seasons of using this gear, I don’t have any regrets or need to upgrade any time soon.

Zeagle Ranger (if I was doing it again, I would possibly consider a backplate…maybe🤔)
The Chamber Express :wink: was my first BCD as well. After that I switched over to BP/W.

“The Chamber Express”….tell us more about it.

“The Chamber Express”….tell us more about it.
I'm a cold water diver and when I started out i was grossly overweighted by about 15 lbs. As there were two weight pouches for all that weight and the ripcord would dump both of them, if I was ever at depth and felt i needed help to get to the surface, when I pulled the ripcord I'd have quite a ride to the surface. My initial training was incredibly poor, but fortunately I never did have an emergency. I'd likely have been hurt if I had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom