Here's My First Gear Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie retiree and diver. I live in a remote area of Utah without any LDS support. So I needed to purchase everything for local reservoir diving as well as a yearly salt water dive somewhere. I got a lot of help from this forum and I talked to other family members who are certified. I also talked to a lot of dive shops in the state that cater to the typical diving here. So I wanted to give you my equipment list with the intent that it might be useful for someone else:

Mask: Mares Essence
Fins: Mares Avanti Quattro
Regs: Deep 6 Signature DIR package
BC: Sub-gravity Paragon package (aluminum BP and 30lb wing)
Exposure: Henderson Thermo 5 mm jumpsuit
Henderson Thermo 5/3 hooded vest
DC: Shearwater Peregrine (tried Atmos M2, but sent it back)
BFK: Mako Spearguns Ti Knife
Signal: HOG 3' and 6' DSMB w/belt-mount pocket
Compass: DGX Tech
Light: Orcatorch D550

Most of these items, to me, represent maximum value and functionality for the money. The mask and fins (Mares) were purchased at the shop where I certified. Can you guess which brand they push?:wink: Other bits of kit I basically settled on because I was tired of looking and none of the choices really stood out. Whew! After setting myself up for mountain biking last year and then diving this year, I need to pursue less expensive hobbies.o_O But I'm pretty excited to get in the water in the next couple of weeks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom