My first out of air incident!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the story Seahound, I appreciated it for what it was. I dive related incident of something that happened to you. I'm sure you knew at the time the potential dangers involved, and don't need the snobs of scubaboard to tell you what an idiot they think you are. Even the nuclear weapons dialogue ended with them trying to point out that you didn't know what you were talking about. Really, who cares if it was 5 or 6 or 7 countries with nuclear weapons!!

Not all grunts are brainless.
<<< Pretty smart grunt, just don't use it well at times. :usa:

Don, this is not quite correct. It is discussed and an optional skill. Not currently required.
Oh, ok - don't teach it, just took it once a few years ago. I really need to get in the habit of saying "I think...." :doh:

It looks like I am about the only one.....not going to deep..maybe you should have stayed a bit close to your buddy...knowing your time under...being really alert..
I probably would have taken this risk too!hell....diving is a risk....

People rely on there computers to much, if you would have stayed closer to your buddy, to me, this would have been an acceptable risk.

I am not that experienced with scuba diving that much, although becoming a dive master next month but..

Being in shape, practising breathhold, would have made it possible in emergencies like these, to ascend in 2 minutes, and not holding your breath, letting some of it escape..bit by bit during the ascend!(emergency situation).
These navy guys must have been in this situation before and do not want to die either!!

I see guys, and read about them, surfacing with serious dephts on their computers...but that seems to be ok(generalizing)?

No, diving with guys like these, in a country like that, being prepared, mentally and fisically, not pushing your bottom time and not going any deeper then 35/40 ft, to me is an acceptable risk!

please; do not start with: I hope my kids will have an instructor or divemaster like me....I would never bring a student or anyone else in a situation like this!!

I\

Ahh yes.. and now we know WHY the military record is painfully absent of Pakistani Special Forces successfull sea operations...

lol!

D.

Daylonious:
Ahh yes.. and now we know WHY the military record is painfully absent of Pakistani Special Forces successfull sea operations...

lol!

D.

How do you know...? I am not trying to use any sarcasm, but I would like to know where you find tht information, just to know....
Saludos!!

Back
Top Bottom