My first out of air incident!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duskdiver - I refer you to your own signature: -

"The worst thing is to get involved with people who aren't passionate about what they're doing."

I am passionate.
I do care.
12 meters is still plenty deep enough to hurt yourself.
Dive safely - it's no fun reading about injuries and deaths brought about by stupid decisions.

But I still think it's a troll.

duskdiver:
What a bunch of...you guys are.!!!..12 meters....cmon...do not over react!!
A young man in a good shape, trained diver can easily do this even run out of air after 15 minutes!!!
Any military diver anywhere, is trained to survive this (I have had military instruction too, special forces)
Pffff.....

All of you never drive to fast, or take any risk, or do something a little bit dangerous...
This is not a sciba forum...pfff...is there instructor out there, that wants to say SOMETHING!!
I know these things are not for beginners but Cmon...!!!

whoa, this is an unwise approach. It's not about whether a fit diver, prepared for a problem, can safely ascend from 40 feet on his last breath (or no breath). It's about putting yourself in this situation in the first place.

This has been an absolutely strange thread.

I love SB!

Kinda disproves the Darwin theory doesn't it.

Darwin's theory is more about net differential reproductive success and less about scuba diving accidents. Even if we assume it was as simple as "survival of the fit" seahound here has made himself a good candidate for success by demonstrating his ability to survive dangerous situations.

-V

I dont know if I want to comment anymore because my thread about the second OOA has been deleted with a warning. Until there is absolute freedom of speech to both sides a discussion on this subject is useless. Its like having a boxing match in which one fighter has his hands tied up. The others just pound on him and feel superior.

Pakistan has more "freedom of speech" when it comes to diving! :)

I am a little amazed about the number of reasonable people that think you are a troll. My comment about the Instructor that used a mushroom anchor on an Intro the other day was in that thread. (not that I approve). I think there are some things that happen that you just should not talk about. It could frighten potential divers. It is just very unsettling to some people. Still, I really enjoyed the story. I could see your face when they told you no pressure gauge again. I did take one comment to heart though. Some poster said that people had lost friends and family in accidents they post in the Accidents forum, and are offended by the humorous attitude and response to your story. Out of respect, I am staying out of that forum.

Unless something happened in that thread I don't see any reason why it should have been pulled (one or two posts, maybe but not the thread).

Seahound was receiving enough of a basting about his reckless behaviour that someone who happened across that thread should not have been left with the impression that it was anything more than on man's macho stunt.

R..

limeyx:
I am extremely interested in why you didn't exercise option 3 "Don't do the dive" ?

Were you somehow commanded by a superior to have to dive with them?

thats what i was thinking.

i'd refuse to do it right then and there

Back
Top Bottom