My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. Gentle is a great word for this Colace 2-in-1. It was expensive, but worth it.

1722188466052.jpeg

ObBetterLifeThroughChemistry: that chemical is, in fact, a detergent that is easier on human insides than regular dishwasher tablets, and is more convenient to use than drinking bottles of baby shampoo.

Available in drums, pails, and IBCs.

(Deep announcer's voice) "And tonight, on the Scubaboard episode of South Park, the return of Mr. Hanky."

Hey, 25 cents a pill...best quarter you'll probably ever spend!

Other than access to a clean stall back in the day.

Hey, 25 cents a pill...best quarter you'll probably ever spend!
The combo was way more expensive... about 50cents/pill. I'm taking one a day, right at noon.

It's been almost a week since I fell... and last showered. I reek. I like morning showers as I hate going to bed with wet or even damp hair. But that fall has me scared, and I'm not going to go back in without anti-slip decals in place.

Sigh.

Tonight was the exception. I got down on my knees, using my dirty bath towel as a cushion, and applied about 2.5 of the non-slip stickers. Each sticker is three pieces, an outer, about 4.5", an inner square, about 3.5", and a 2" center. All the corners are rounded. I knelt and futzed with them as long as I could, being strategic in how I placed them. I was spot on and did not start to slip. I still want to put down more and install those hand holds. Here is a pic of their suggested pattern...

1722209314776.png

In any event, they worked fabulously, so I am clean, and uninjured. Rather than going to bed ultra early, I'll be up a bit as I dry out. My good foot did not move an nth of a mm when I stepped out with bad foot.

Wait, I got that backwards. Now I see why I slipped. Stepping down, I'm supposed to lead with the gimpy leg, and then lead with the strong leg when going up. I did this bassasckwards. Wow. The gimpy leg is now strong enough to support the lean, IF, and that's a bold IF, that foot doesn't slip at all. Wow. I set myself up for failure last week and just now realized it.

I'm still committed to applying more stickers to the bathtub. It will be dry tomorrow sometime, and I've left the old towel so I can kneel down when I want. It's not comfortable, but it needs to be done. I like being clean and feeling safe as I shower. :D

Oh yeah, I ordered a non-slip bathmat. Amazon shows it as delivered, but I never got it. There's a house down the way that is 3338, while I'm 3388 and they've got my packages before. They come up every other week or so, so I'm sure they'll be along with my packages. My old towel did an OK job tonight, but it slid a bit. Patience.

No shower chair? I used a fresh hand towel on mine, then let it dry inside the shower before adding it to the laundry hamper so I went thru many. Super safe. Medicare won't provide them but they're cheap and attainable at many stores. Walmart delivered mine for free.

Djinni Lu is my kitten. She's the baby, and in some ways my favorite. She certainly gets into snuggling more than my other hooligans when the weather gets chilly.

But, there's something about clean hair that makes her want to clean it more. The last half hour, she's been sitting on the back of my recliner, paws on either side of my head and licking my hair clean. It's not going to dry until she stops. I can feel the rasp of her tongue all the way down to my scalp. It's like a raspy head massage and she's just purring and purring.

All of my hooligans have their particular traits and so I have five favorites in different categories.

Tashi is the most consistent. She lays by my side, or between my legs every single night, almost without fail. She often purrs too.​
Mischka is the happiest. He's my Ferdinand the Bull, in feline form.​
Tinkerbelle is by far the prettiest cat I've ever known. Yah. She knows it too!​
Djinni Lu knows how to cuddle and purr. She climbs under the covers and snuggles right in. She runs from everyone else.​
Olaf loves being petted the most. Just like a puppy, he'll push his head up under your hand when you try to stop. Over, and over until you finally give in. How can you not pet a cat that just loves it so, so much? Oh, and his full-throated purr as you pet him is contagious. Often, the other cats on the bed will join in.​
No shower chair? I used a fresh hand towel on mine, then let it dry inside the shower before adding it to the laundry hamper so I went thru many. Super safe. Medicare won't provide them but they're cheap and attainable at many stores. Walmart delivered mine for free.

I have one but I think it would crowd me. Moreover, I don't feel a need to sit when I'm taking a shower, either. All that old back pain is gone, gone, gone. I just have a gimpy right leg that's healing up, albeit a bit slower than I would like. The edge of my tub is quite wide, and I don't like that. 18+ inches wide. The guest tub is naught but 5 or 6 inches. When my back is up to it, I'm going to get rid of it and install a walk-in shower. I need to redo the sub-floor as all the tiles in there are cracking. I need to redo the sub-floor in the other bathroom as well. You can feel that they are both a bit saggy. I also have some ceiling issues that are being put off as well. :D Yah, and the kitchen needs a bit of attention, as does the leaking front porch. Other than that, it's a great home! :D :D :D

It's been almost a week since I fell... and last showered. I reek. I like morning showers as I hate going to bed with wet or even damp hair. But that fall has me scared, and I'm not going to go back in without anti-slip decals in place.

Sigh.

Tonight was the exception. I got down on my knees, using my dirty bath towel as a cushion, and applied about 2.5 of the non-slip stickers. Each sticker is three pieces, an outer, about 4.5", an inner square, about 3.5", and a 2" center. All the corners are rounded. I knelt and futzed with them as long as I could, being strategic in how I placed them. I was spot on and did not start to slip. I still want to put down more and install those hand holds. Here is a pic of their suggested pattern...

In any event, they worked fabulously, so I am clean, and uninjured. Rather than going to bed ultra early, I'll be up a bit as I dry out. My good foot did not move an nth of a mm when I stepped out with bad foot.

Wait, I got that backwards. Now I see why I slipped. Stepping down, I'm supposed to lead with the gimpy leg, and then lead with the strong leg when going up. I did this bassasckwards. Wow. The gimpy leg is now strong enough to support the lean, IF, and that's a bold IF, that foot doesn't slip at all. Wow. I set myself up for failure last week and just now realized it.

I'm still committed to applying more stickers to the bathtub. It will be dry tomorrow sometime, and I've left the old towel so I can kneel down when I want. It's not comfortable, but it needs to be done. I like being clean and feeling safe as I shower. :D

Oh yeah, I ordered a non-slip bathmat. Amazon shows it as delivered, but I never got it. There's a house down the way that is 3338, while I'm 3388 and they've got my packages before. They come up every other week or so, so I'm sure they'll be along with my packages. My old towel did an OK job tonight, but it slid a bit. Patience.
If at all possible, it’s great to have a walk-in shower - especially as we age and/or have any conditions (temporary or permanent) that restrict mobility. Lifting a leg over a tub wall to enter/exit without assistance if one has mobility or balance issues can be a recipe for disaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom