My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yah, my popeye arms are thin and flabby now. Good to know about the exercise. Tanks!!!
I started with a hundred reps of 10 lb weights. I now do 25 reps of 50 lbs curls. It seems fewer reps with higher weight achieves the desired results faster. Curls and kneeling rows. And you don’t need a dumbbell, any weight you can comfortably grab will work.

I've got 20lb kettle balls here, and there's a gym (two, actually) not too far away that I can probably get in for free. However, I hope to be chopping wood soon. I have several stumps and lots of limbs to hack at. Light at first but working my way to being a real swinger. That, and getting back out on the kayak. I really need some river time.

I started with a hundred reps of 10 lb weights. I now do 25 reps of 50 lbs curls. It seems fewer reps with higher weight achieves the desired results faster. Curls and kneeling rows. And you don’t need a dumbbell, any weight you can comfortably grab will work.
Yep. More weight, less reps = better, faster results.

I started with a hundred reps of 10 lb weights. I now do 25 reps of 50 lbs curls. It seems fewer reps with higher weight achieves the desired results faster.

Bodybuilders: one rep with lots of weight, aka push a wall: grow thick short muscle fibers.
Athletes: bazillion reps with no weight: grow fast long muscle fibers.
Taiji: few reps, no weight, we're not sure why it works but it does.

Another first. I went to remount the drive belt on my zero-turn. Dang, it's hot out there. Ethan had already jacked it up and pulled the RR wheel off. Found the belt was shredded. It would have been nice to know that beforehand, but I should have assumed that and ordered the belt beforehand. A new one will be here Monday night. Grrrrrrr.

The awesome thing was that I had to get down on the ground. It was a bit scary, but not too difficult. Hand on the back frame and then moved it down to the tire. When it was time to get back up, I found it easier than getting down. In fact, I didn't need any help getting down or up. Way cool! The heat really, really wiped me out though, so I'm not sure I'll be doing any more projects today. Outside projects in any event. I need more stamina than I need strength. Oh heck, I need both strength and stamina, but I really miss the latter.

That makes two milestones for today. A standing shower and getting down, then up from the floor. So far. So far. I'm driving Ethan home tomorrow, and I feel ready for it. I'll miss the big galoot, but I'm going to survive alone.

Back
Top Bottom