Multi deco vs V-planner vs GUE Deco Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to get? I run a Peridix (OC Tech mode) and Petrel 2 (Gauge Mode).

Looks like on IOS you can get both Multi and V - Plan for $55 but does that give me a Windows PC code too?

It looks like Multi Deco supports ZHL plus VPM as does GUE Deco Planner but V-planner only VPM.

I run MultiDeco on a PC
1648416546994.png

Getting multi deco\vpm on iOS does not give you the pc version

multi deco gives you buhlmann with GFs and vpm, vpm only gives you vpm.

Everything's been said I guess. Only this to add : PC version is much more complete than the iOS or Android version for that matter.

Every version has a free trial period. Test them and see which one you like best.

Trying to figure out what to get? I run a Peridix (OC Tech mode) and Petrel 2 (Gauge Mode).

Looks like on IOS you can get both Multi and V - Plan for $55 but does that give me a Windows PC code too?

It looks like Multi Deco supports ZHL plus VPM as does GUE Deco Planner but V-planner only VPM.
I would not even bother using VPM as a variable, it's essentially been disproven by recent research and should not be part of any modern diving plans. Focus on ZHL-16 and pick one that works for you, they're all close enough.

I use the last version of GUE's Deco Planner because someone gave me their key when they hung up their fins and it works well. No CCR support, very basic, but it's more than close enough for me. I still haven't figured out an iOS app that I like but admittedly haven't tried very hard.

Bulhmann + GF is the current trend.

VPM has largely fallen by the wayside and is not used nowadays.

Matching your plans to others using the same algorithm is an important part of team diving.

BTW why would you disable your backup computer by setting it to gauge mode?
What would happen if you're separated and had a computer failure? Most would have the convenience of using the backup computer to calculate the decompression plan; disabling this means a world of hurt to work out the ratio deco maffs just when you don't need more workload and grief.

What would happen if you're separated and had a computer failure? Most would have the convenience of using the backup computer to calculate the decompression plan; disabling this means a world of hurt to work out the ratio deco maffs just when you don't need more workload and grief.
You're assuming the backup computer isn't some cheap recreational computer which would have locked itself up long before it was actually needed.

I run a Peridix (OC Tech mode) and Petrel 2 (Gauge Mode).

You're assuming the backup computer isn't some cheap recreational computer which would have locked itself up long before it was actually needed.

He assumed nothing in regard to the OP...

Bulhmann + GF is the current trend.

VPM has largely fallen by the wayside and is not used nowadays.

Matching your plans to others using the same algorithm is an important part of team diving.

I run it in gauge when I dive as GUE prefers. Its depends a lot on who I am diving with also. Its a learning tool. If I'm in a non GUE class I would set them as the instructor requested also.

I would not even bother using VPM as a variable, it's essentially been disproven by recent research and should not be part of any modern diving plans.
Disproven? Please cite any recent study that did this because I'm not aware of any. Please don't cite the NEDU study because the criteria used for deep stops did not come close to the parameters VPM uses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom