Best Digital Dive Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For really quick lookups of NDL, I have a picture of the PADI RDP (DSAT-based) on my phone and much of it memorized. Most of the time, though, I dive more conservatively by using Buhlmann+GF (x/85).

The free/open source desktop version of Subsurface (Windows/Linux/Mac) has a comprehensive multi-level and repetitive dive planner. NDL mode will extend time at your last depth until the user-specified gas reserve is reached. Rock-Bottom/Min Gas reserve information is also provided. (The iOS/Android mobile version of Subsurface does not have a planner.) Buhlmann+GF and VPM-B algorithms supported.

For mobile (Android), I like "Diveplanner Tec & Rec". Free for single-gas, reasonable price for multi-gas. Has a grid layout for square profiles (NDL clearly visible) and a separate multi-level/repetitive planner. Another I like is TechDeco (free, square profile, multi-gas); pretty quick to twiddle the time to find the NDL if that's your desire. Both of these use the Buhlmann+GF algorithm.

Already created list of such software :wink:

Already created list of such software :wink:
Perfect, excellent list! I wonder how many are still being used or supported since 2017

Perfect, excellent list! I wonder how many are still being used or supported since 2017
Just few of them is still supported. There's also few new one:
GUE DecoPlanner v4.3.12
DiveProMe+ v11.5
DivePlan2 v1.7.5

for Rec I like the simplicity of "DivePlanner Pro"
everything else I use multideco. has some nice MOD etc tools too

A bit late to the party, but what (if any) difference is there between MultiDeco and V-Planner? Both seem to be made by HHS Software and look really similar.

A bit late to the party, but what (if any) difference is there between MultiDeco and V-Planner? Both seem to be made by HHS Software and look really similar.
Multi deco uses both Buhlmann and VPM decompression algorithms and V-Planner uses VPM only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom