Best Digital Dive Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blugold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
While reading a recent thread on dive planning using tables vs computers I noticed a few divers throwing out digital app based dive planners or homemade smart sheets they use for basic deco dives to more complex multi gas deep dives.

I’m hoping this will become the thread where everyone shares their Top Pick for digital dive planning and why.

As more apps/software and homemade smart sheets get created/revised I'm sure others will have revised opinions and suggestions.

*please feel free to share your personal excel smart sheets so people can compare what format and options your using. Anyone using an app or spreadsheet shared in this thread does so at their own risk!!!!

MultiDeco. This comes in versions for Mac, PeeCee, iOS and Anndroid.

It's great to be able to play with different parameters and see what results. Works with open circuit and closed circuit. It's also very useful for more complex dives on rebreathers where it works out the bailout plan.

It works very well for NDL type dives. However, most planners are generally decompression diving planners so it's up to yourself to interpret the results they produce. MultiDeco doesn't have any specific NDL modes (that I know of).

Some quirks but nothing too difficult.

MultiDeco.

Shearwater computers have a simple deco planner in the OC tech mode.

How about for recreational NDL dives. I used to have such an app but it stopped being supported and I've long since forgotten its name.

How about for recreational NDL dives. I used to have such an app but it stopped being supported and I've long since forgotten its name.
What about the planner on your computer?

I've never used them, but I assume the Shearwater dive planners are just Buhlmann GF, not really set up to track NDL limited dives, as opposed to generating deco profiles for whatever dive you plan to do.

I've never used them, but I assume the Shearwater dive planners are just Buhlmann GF, not really set up to track NDL limited dives, as opposed to generating deco profiles for whatever dive you plan to do.
There is a basic NDL planner in the Shearwater rec mode.

??? Not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting Buhlmann cannot give an NDL for a non-deco dive?

Not at all, but at least with MultiDeco it takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what it is. I'll take a look at the basic planner, Marie.

iDeco Pro, because it is pretty reasonably priced and does the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom