Apple Watch, Oceanic+ and iOS 16.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLDR; don't delete the app from your watch as a troubleshooting exercise unless all your dives have synced to your phone. If you change phones, you will lose dive logs on your watch.

Sounds like they still have work to do on dive log syncing. Deleting an app or switching to a new watch doesn’t necessarily reset that kind of data. I’ve done both a number of times with no issues.

Just returned from Grand Cayman and logged 4 nitrox dives with the AWU. As a precaution, I borrowed a Sherwood Insite from the dive boat. I compared both throughout the dive and they were almost identical in tracking depth, temp, No deco, total dive time and safety stop. I'll probably pick up a used computer as a back up but I currently have faith that the AWU and Oceanic + are safe to use on recreational dives. The only issue I have is getting the watch and iphone app to synch. I have to close/reopen both apps and be on wifi to get it to work as of now. Hopefully Oceanic will address this soon. Running 1.1.4 (12) on the iphone and watch.

I took my AWU on a liveaboard in Raja Ampat back in March. I made 24 diveS using it as my primary computer (with a backup in my BCD pocket). I really liked it - even with the multiple-dive logging (the too shallow fault in the software available at that time) - the watch logged 34 dives instead of 24 (mostly due to a couple of shallow water muck dives).
I'm leaving for CoCoView resort on Saturday and will continue to use the AWU as primary. It's so easy to read and I'm looking forward to the update which has fixed the multiple dive problem.

I borrowed a Sherwood Insite from the dive boat. I compared both throughout the dive and they were almost identical in tracking depth, temp, No deco, total dive time and safety stop. I'll probably pick up a used computer as a back up but I currently have faith that the AWU and Oceanic + are safe to use on recreational dives.

( I ) will continue to use the AWU as primary. It's so easy to read and I'm looking forward to the update which has fixed the multiple dive problem.

Sounding quite positive so far…

hmm- maybe Oceanic has been reading these threads. They just released an update – 1.1.5. Looks like it addresses some of the problems we’ve been talking about:

“We listened to your feedback and made the following improvements”
  • Added dive log synchronization from iPhone to Apple Watch Ultra.
  • The ability to enter beginning and ending tank pressure in the logbook, along with tank type.
  • Added functionality to recognize and display a message when updates are available.
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Glad to see it. My ‘lost’ dives on the watch are now back after this update.
Gas usage tracking is good to have, no calculation of RMV yet though but must be coming as tank volume is a metric that is entered too.

I finally got to dive with my Apple Watch yesterday and love the interface! I still won’t trust it as my only computer and I use transmitters for tank pressure with my Oceanic. I had trouble figuring out how to get my data to show on my phone but finally figured it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom