Deco planning app for android

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave up and just use SubSurface. If I'm at the dive site and really need it, the Shearwater planner usually works well enough.

I have my reasons for not purchaseing MultiDeco, but as far as I have seen it works fine, and I believe you get both the desktop and mobile versions with the license.

I gave up and just use SubSurface. If I'm at the dive site and really need it, the Shearwater planner usually works well enough.

I have my reasons for not purchaseing MultiDeco, but as far as I have seen it works fine, and I believe you get both the desktop and mobile versions with the license.

You have to buy desktop and mobile separately.

For my normal planning, I use SubSurface on my desktop, and take an ancient laptop to the dive site for last minute edits.

However, I just gave Diveplanner Tec & Rec a spin, and it looks very capable (multi-level and repetitive) with a great interface. Free for single-gas, about $20 for your trimix needs.

Ask @rob.mwpropane , he’s tried all the sketchy android deco apps 😜
Very true🤣😁, even some European ones... nothing worked quite as well as MultiDeco.​
It's the only mobile app that I've found that will do back to back dive plans and matches my SW (on an Android).​
Techdeco is great, is free, but takes a little tweaking to match SW and is only good for one dive.​

I've been using diveProMe+ for some time, without any issues. Using a shearwater and one OSTC during the dives, and "no surprises" that vomputers have been stricter than plan.

Max depth 60 meter and run times up to 75 minutes.

I have to agree with the above. Yes, I'm an old goat (early 70s) but I think a proper paper-based plan which leads to a proper tech dive computer setting beats some downloaded app any day, any dive.

I have to agree with the above. Yes, I'm an old goat (early 70s) but I think a proper paper-based plan which leads to a proper tech dive computer setting beats some downloaded app any day, any dive.
Where does the paper-based plan come from? (And how does it lead to a "proper tech dive computer setting"?) Buhlmann GF is the same model whether implemented on a mainframe, a desktop computer, a smart phone/tablet, or a Shearwater dive computer.

Concerning MultiDeco (I've been using both the desktop and mobile version for some years), my personal experience :

- bought the Mac version, then moved to Linux, so several machines were involved : paid the fee only once, just need to ask for a new registration code through the required dialogue box on the software, and you'll get a new one in a few hours

- bought the iOS app, then switched on Android : see above

Money well spent and good customer service, imho.

Concerning planning : with both versions, once in a while a one minute difference with what the Planning mode of my SW Petrel 1 suggests. Using it for Air OC/CCR, Nitrox and Trimix diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom