Moving Zeagle trim pockets to upper band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have had a Zeagle Brigade BC for 15 years. I really like this BC. Please refrain from lobbying for a change to BP&W. I have given up my beloved split fins, but that is another story. To the point of this post — I have moved the rear trim pockets onto the upper tank band and I am looking for suggestions on how to connect the trim pockets to the BC, as the existing Velcro attachments won’t work as designed. Suggests from those who have actually made this change will be appreciated.

I have had a Zeagle Brigade BC for 15 years. I really like this BC. Please refrain from lobbying for a change to BP&W. I have given up my beloved split fins, but that is another story. To the point of this post — I have moved the rear trim pockets onto the upper tank band and I am looking for suggestions on how to connect the trim pockets to the BC, as the existing Velcro attachments won’t work as designed. Suggests from those who have actually made this change will be appreciated.
Do you need such big trim pockets? Those will hold 11lb each.

No experience doing so but you would be better off getting trim pockets. That way the weight can be more evenly distributed.

My original post must have not been very clear. The BC has always had two rear trim pockets. I am moving them from the low tank band to the upper band in order to move a little weight forward for horizontal trim. I typically dive in warm water in a 3 mm full suit with a total of 14 lbs, 8 total in the two front pockets and 6 total in the two trim pockets.

Do they look like this?
A503E008-C41B-4B6D-956E-66CAD5E39F18.jpeg

I would put the Zeagle trim pockets back into their original position on the lower cam strap and then just add a pair of these to the upper cam strap..... Then you can still use the lower original trim pockets for some storage......o-rings, extra fin strap, mask strap, bottle of water , etc...

I use a Zeagle scout with standard lower weight pockets. I moved them to the top band using triglides on the webbing.

Attachments

• 5C05C2D3-9ACD-4DDF-95AF-726D6C84A474.jpeg
    5C05C2D3-9ACD-4DDF-95AF-726D6C84A474.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 4618B6EC-EAC2-4DBF-8C1F-BAEBB2DF6E05.jpeg
    4618B6EC-EAC2-4DBF-8C1F-BAEBB2DF6E05.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 107
  • E92921AD-2773-471A-8598-67ABA426471B.jpeg
    E92921AD-2773-471A-8598-67ABA426471B.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 92
Saboteur - Thanks, this is what I need!
Oh I forgot to mention I use a couple of zip ties (they are black and hard to see) to keep the pouches tucked in close and not moving around on the band. They go through the triglide and around the webbing on the back of the BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom