Suggestions for Weight Trim Pockets that can be attached directly to Backplates (to fit between BP and Wing in a SINGLE Tank kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I used the S tek yesterday with a standard STA and ran the cam bands through that since the plate hasn’t any slots.

this weight plate from Alexi will only work with an STA As it has no slots, I won’t know if it’s compatible with the S tek STA until that arrives.

But even if you used a plate with slots for the cam bands, there doesn't appear to be any slots for the cam bands in this weight plate which means you will always have to use an STA. Is this correct or are there slots in the weight plate you can run the cam bands through to go through the slots in the metal plate?

But even if you used a plate with slots for the cam bands, there doesn't appear to be any slots for the cam bands in this weight plate which means you will always have to use an STA. Is this correct or are there slots in the weight plate you can run the cam bands through to go through the slots in the metal plate?
I was doing an edit while you were typing

Changed it up, took off the weight plate and made a system like the SP trim pocket, total cost about $12
2906A9F6-75C3-4277-B552-D617F314251B.jpeg

Why? What was wrong with the weight plate?

How are going to attach the wing? Aren't you using the SP STA?
Don’t have the SP STA yet, I’m just using the standard STA. Since I havens seem the SP part yet I don’t/won’t know if it (weight plate) will be usable with the SP part.

I use a lead slab weight, sandwiched between the STA and the BP.

Here is my setup using a standard size carbon fiber backplate, on the slots I attached the hollis removable trim weight pockets and covered with a VDH 23 wing.

Attachments

• 5FE0D88A-8D71-4B67-AEB7-A0FC48FD651C.jpeg
    5FE0D88A-8D71-4B67-AEB7-A0FC48FD651C.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 108
Here is my setup using a standard size carbon fiber backplate, on the slots I attached the hollis removable trim weight pockets and covered with a VDH 23 wing.

How did you attach the pockets to the plate and are you you able to thread the tank cam bands through the vertical slot easily?

I have pair of those with me always, it is super useful whenever I need to add some weight to either hip harness or cam bands.

You can buy it or you can do it yourself from piece of kydex or even you can use only piece of bungee.

Attachments

• 1362A827-FE11-4C99-A10B-B4CF493A4122.png
    1362A827-FE11-4C99-A10B-B4CF493A4122.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 106
How did you attach the pockets to the plate and are you you able to thread the tank cam bands through the vertical slot easily?
The multiple horizontal slots on the backplate is on the right spot where it does not block the cam band slots, it lays flat empty but when I put weights it raises an inch and the sides of the pocket clears up more room for the cam band.

Here is the video on the weight pockets and how to attach them in the webbing, and the picture showing the attachment it to the slots on the backplate. I think the plate can fit 4 of these pockets.

2381D65E-6BA2-49A0-9E71-D373C37DB20D.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom