Moving Zeagle trim pockets to upper band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my Brigade, they either came with the pockets already on the upper band, or I suspect I moved them there myself ten years ago... Just flip them upside down, so the velcro is on the inner part and can stick under where the tank is. The quick release won't work upside down--if your buddy needs to ditch the trim weights, your buddy will have to pull the weights out manually. But I find (in a 82F salt water environment, wearing a 0.5mm or 1.0 mm wetsuit) that putting between 20% and 40% of my weights in the trim pockets helps keep me horizontal. I've attached a photo of the backside of my Brigade, where you can see the that I've attached the pockets on the upper band--but the quick release pulls up, so you have to unzip the pocket if you want the weights to fall out.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 20230326_104323.jpg
    20230326_104323.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 43
On my Brigade, they either came with the pockets already on the upper band, or I suspect I moved them there myself ten years ago... Just flip them upside down, so the velcro is on the inner part and can stick under where the tank is.
I stumbled across this thread as I was considering doing the same with my Stiletto. Found that I was a bit feet heavy. The trim pockets I have have velcro on both the top and the bottom, so look like they were designed to be positioned in either direction. By flipping them upside down, I was able to position them to the top band and still secure them to the BC. The loop of strapping below the top strap, where the velcro secures is a little tighter than the one above the lower strap, so getting the second one secured took a bit of effort, but not too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom