Moving to Boston, MA, bring my gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you provide that statute on this. I've heard that it is illegal, even from shops who sell spearfishing gear. I've scoured the web looking for citations, one way or the other, but even the MA Division of Fisheries and Wildlife web site was no help (surprise!). Thanks.

huh. I've always thought it was allowed (haven't tried it myself yet), but everything I can find on the Dept of Fish and Wildlife site says it's illegal. Closest I've found is a 2011 document that says it's allowed for "Suckers, Carp, and Eels only". Of course, then I just find this news article that says it's OK.. so who the heck knows House passes striped bass spearfishing bill - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Welcome to the area!

I agree with the drysuit - the wetsuit is fun for shorter/shallower dives, but the drysuit will give you the flexibility to dive anything year-round. I dive a wet-suit maybe once/twice a year now in Boston, otherwise I am always dry and usually warm and comfy. It is just too cold otherwise.

Also, try scalloping - nothing is more delicious than freshly caught scallops! A bunch of the dive charter boats run scalloping charters...Lobstering is good too :)

If anyone feels like taking me out for scallops and/or lobster mid/late September, I'd be more than happy to tag along, contribute gas $$, buy you a 6-pack or whatever currency you guys use over there :)

Send me a pm once you are here and settled and ready to dive, and maybe we can work something out...I usually dive every weekend. There are also some local clubs that dive on a regular basis. Good luck with your move!

You're welcome to come out with us on LSU. Send me your E-dress and I'll put you on my e-mail list. I always send out an e-mail to friends if I have open space on board.

That's why they put erasers on pencils. Trouble is on the internet some A-hole comes along and quotes you before you can erase it!

That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Oh wait.... Damn.

You guys are awesome. Paul- email incoming in the next few days.
All- am I missing any req'd gear?
Drysuit
gloves
hood
mask/snorkel
regs
bp/w
weights
light
gamebag? (all I've got are the mesh ones, any good for lobster/scallop?)

You guys are awesome. Paul- email incoming in the next few days.
All- am I missing any req'd gear?
Drysuit
gloves
hood
mask/snorkel
regs
bp/w
weights
light
gamebag? (all I've got are the mesh ones, any good for lobster/scallop?)

Fins!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom