Movies that involved Scuba Diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to watch movies that have scuba diving in it...

One such example is Open Water. I dont care how lame's the movie - I just want to see it.

I know some bond movies use scuba, but not sure which ones....

I know there have been several threads on this... you might want to do a search.... um....sphere, abyss, ... some james bond... I know there are more....

AmyJ:
I know there have been several threads on this... you might want to do a search.... um....sphere, abyss, ... some james bond... I know there are more....

I did a search, and every time i do a search, i get too many pages of results... then i try to narrow it down and get nothing... so... thats why I asked.

i forgot about abyss, thats a good one. never saw sphere.

Something funny that I noticed, in the movie Splash, the scientist dude is diving with his air being supplied by the boat. But when he comes up out of the water, he has a tank on his back, but there is no first stage or anything attached to it.

The Bond movie is Thunderball

No one's mentioned The Deep (so I will)

There's a movie with Debra Winger that has a few scuba scenes including a resort-course training session in a pool that's a real hoot -- Black Widow (at least that's the suspicion her undercover federal investigator character has of the other female lead).

-Rob

P.S. I just found another one that I'd never heard of: Last Resort National Lampoon's Scuba School??

See a long list at IMDB Search page by typing "scuba" as a word to "Keyword" search.

Here is a short list of films with diving in them. I’ll up date it is my therapist lets me. They are listed in a Good to Poor order

20,000 Leagues under the Sea (1916)
20,000 Leagues under the Sea (1954)
Abyss, The (1989)
Around the World under the Sea
Assault on a Queen
Beneath the 12 mile reef
Big Blue
Boy on a dolphin
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Deep, The (1977)
For Your Eyes Only (1981)
Manfish
Men of Honor
Mysterious Island
Sahara (2005)
Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau, The (1966)
Underwater
Underwater Warrior (1958)
Wake of the red witch
Krakatoa East of Java
Leviathan (1989)
Deep Blue Sea (1999)
Deep Star Six (1989)
Goliath Awaits
Incredible Petrified World, The (1957)
Island of Forgotten Sins
Jaws 3-D (1983)
Airport '77 (1977)
Captain Nemo and the Underwater City (1969)
City under the Sea, The (1965)
Sphere

yukoneer:
I want to watch movies that have scuba diving in it...

One such example is Open Water. I dont care how lame's the movie - I just want to see it.

I know some bond movies use scuba, but not sure which ones....

Not really movies, and there aren't many shots of scuba divers, but Netflix has the BBC's excellent Blue Planet series available. I am currently powering my way through these. Not quite as good as actually diving, but close. Open Ocean is my favorite so far.

I am looking for the name of a TV movie from the 70’s that documented the submersible accident where Ed Link’s son died. I believe the submersible was called “Deep Diver”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom