Movies that involved Scuba Diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab:
P.S. I just found another one that I'd never heard of: Last Resort National Lampoon's Scuba School??

NO wonder we never saw this one. Leading star is Corey Feldman.
He's so far down on the B-list that he's doing star Reality TV series.

Check out Airport 77. It's the one where the 747 crashes in the
Bremuda Triangle and the US Navy raises it with lift bags to the
surface. One of the crew (Jack Lemmon) turns an oxygen mask and tank
into a scuba breathing device and uses it to breath underwater
to go to the surface.

bob1dp:
Here is a short list of films with diving in them. I’ll up date it is my therapist lets me. They are listed in a Good to Poor order
I see that Open Water didnt even make your list, i can understand it was that bad! :wink:

There was something about “Open Water” that was just dull. It deserves to be on the list as every minute of the film is about diving or floating. I watched the film solely because I wanted to know what was going to happen. I saw it on pay perview or else I would have fast forwarded it.

I am one of the few people who liked “Life Aquatic”. I must say I have a huge tolerance for film pain. It is really odd, really quirky, really off beat, really weird, pretty senseless, and not very funny. That said I enjoyed the send up of a mythic underwater hero. The photography, acting, and art direction are first rate.

I am looking forward to John Stockwell’s “Into the Blue”, Bruce Hunt’s “The Cave”, Breck Eisner’s version of Clive Cussler’s “Sahara”. All and all this is going to be a great SCUBA film year.

bob1dp:
I am looking for the name of a TV movie from the 70’s that documented the submersible accident where Ed Link’s son died. I believe the submersible was called “Deep Diver”

the submersible was the Johnson-Sea-Link and the accident was in 1973 and Ed Clayton Link and Albert Stover were killed.

Trapped Beneath the Sea (1974) (TV)
with Lee J. Cobb as Victor Bateman
Directed by William A. Graham
ABC Circle Films

Don't forget "The Beast". In one scene two AOW divers go to 200 feet to check out a wreck and find a giant squid that promptly eats them.

And since we are talking about movies where someone dives and not dive movies lets not forget "Star Wars" Episode 1

Personally, I'd stick with "The Deep".

TT :wink:

TwoTanks:
And since we are talking about movies where someone dives and not dive movies lets not forget "Star Wars" Episode 1

Now that was my kind of dive equipment! I think I could lug those "tanks" around quite a bit!

Does anybody else remember this series? It was my first exposure to scuba diving (I picked up Sea Hunt on re-runs later.), and I was amazed not only by the diving, but by all of the cool mini-subs and DPVs that the lead character used.

Primus (Metromedia Producers Corporation Television Series for first-run syndication, Color, 1971-72)

Starring: Robert Brown as Carter Primus, Will Kuluva as Charlie Kingman, Eva Renzi as Toni Hyden

A SEA HUNT Copy-Cat. An example of a revival of the SEA HUNT concept.

Scuba Guy Summary © 2004 Bill Jones: Marine Scientist, Ecologist, Oceanographer, Frogman, and Underwater Cop Carter Primus fights crime and sharks. The series was filmed on location in Key Biscayne and later moved to Miami to cut production costs. Tors showed viewers new scientific developments that ocean explorers were using at that time. Among the gadgets Primus used were an underwater robot called Big Kate, a little exploration and photography sub called Pegasus, and a runabout sea sled. Syndicated affiliates were unimpressed and Primus was cancelled after 27 episodes.

Many fans believe Primus could have been the modern replacement for SEA HUNT.

I found the above blurb on an interesting website dedicated to Sea Hunt trivia.
http://home.houston.rr.com/thescubaguy/News/SeaHuntLegacy.html

-G

Mrs. Prages

How did you hunt down the name of the film "Trapped Beneath the Sea"? I consider my self quite knowledgeable in underwater films and a darn good searcher of the internet and I was unable to find it. Good Job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom