Most desirable Scubapro 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. Here goes. I bought a Mk5 with 2 109's waaaaay back when. One of the 109's was "declared" unserviceable due to a bent shaft (I still have it if someone wants to give a 2nd opinion) sometime between 1997 and 2002. I bought a G250, so now I have a Mk5 with a G250 as a primary and a 109 as my Octo. Here is the $64,000 question: Considering that I only dive warm salt water recreationally, what reg setup is the best FOR ME?
Feel free to take all the cheap shots you wish at my ignorance. I only ask the question because I have been told the Mk5 may be reaching it's serviceable end of life. The 109 MAY be reaching the end of life. I am not unhappy with anything about my current setup. I just want to be prepared if "something dies" with regard to my life sustaining underwater air breathing apparatus.

Thanks in advance.

Just trying to imagine what it could mean. I guess if it was run over by a steam roller or hit with a wrecking ball the "barrel" could get bent but other than that I'm suspicious. They are pretty hard to kill.

Do you still have it?

I've owned more than around 14 of them and only one was dead, well not really dead, but the face plate had taken a hard knock and was pushing down on the diaphragm, another face plate brought it back to life. The only other part I can think of that he could mean is the lever but they can easily be gotten and replaced. Yes, I'm suspicious.

Bent shaft?

Could have meant a bent adjustment knob shaft...I've seen a couple of the older knurled non-counter bored shafts a bit bent if they take a hard knock. Most straighten out OK...

Back
Top Bottom