Most desirable Scubapro 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My current favorite is an original Scubapro Pilot - it sure does breath well.

But, I believe the most desirable Scubapro 2nd is the Balanced Adjustable (closely followed by the Adjustable). They can't be beat for performance, reliability, and durability. And service parts are still readily available.

Unconverted Pilot for it's engineering and performance.
Balanced Adjustable for performance and looks.

Kind of a toss up for me between the converted pilot, D300, and balanced/adjustable. The G250 is down the list a ways, and anything newer I'm not really interested in.

What is your favorite Scubapro 2nd and why?
Scubapro A700, S600 & G260 are all outstanding. I like to dive all three of them at once. ( I use two pony tanks )

Last edited:
G250. Because they breath awesome. Beaverman it dominates my S600 on the same 1st when serviced by the same excellent technician.

I've got a BA and a 109 that are up there, but both my G250s are slightly better - I can't over-breath them and they crack so light. Some folks talk about dry-mouth from all plastic 2nds but it hasn't bothered me. I think the 250 is metal-barrelled anyway. My dive buddy has a Darth-Vader D-series and I'm dying to give it a go but she never seems to find the right moment to share.

AWAP - not so sure about the availability of BA/109 parts. Do you have a source for diaphragm covers? VDH is out.

recently dove a D350, and now it is on my list. Silky SMOOTH, yet no "push".

on the list: 109/156 (got a bunch & love them - timeless, more than adequate performance, and rugged), G250v (okay, its a 156 with a few more bells), and now the D350.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom