Monterey Meet and Greet - October 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ooooohhhhh it sounds like a SB WEEKEND might be shaping up here!!

Any suggestions on where to do a Night Dive? Breakwater perhaps? Okay, I am going to get a second thread going so that we don't confuse the events for the 2 days. :)

hey brad, i'd love to do a day dive on sat. just let me know when you plan to be in monterey. you can lead the dive this time to keep me from speeding off. :wink:

Hehe, when I plan to be in Monterey... :) Sorry, I live in Monterey, so whenever is good for me. It's a 5-10 minute drive to Breakwater for me. That is depending on traffic. Oh and Chuck will tell you that my navigation skills underwater aren't stellar. I definitely need to work on it. :) I do get us back to shore though, whether it's shore 200 feet down the beach is another matter. :wink: I'm getting better though.

The breakwater night dive I went on was pretty cool. My only thing to add is that the fishermen at Breakwater have a tendency to snag divers, purposeful or not. I thought it was just rumor until it happened last weekend. Poor student diver got snagged and while the student's instructor was trying to figure out what was wrong, a diver from our group had to cut the mono filament.

Okay all - I posted this earlier but as the 7th is fast approaching (and I am uber-excited) - I need to get a better idea of what everyone is planning on doing, who's coming, joining us for potluck and/or dinner, etc..... So please post and let us all know!

As previously posted:

.....Here's the rough schedule:

Point Lobos opens at 9 AM. So, we were thinking of being there around opening time. First dive around 10:30 AM as a group (whoever wants to go out). Doc Wong suggested the site “Hole in the Wall” – which, not knowing any better, sounds good to me!
icosm14.gif
Doc Wong will shepard us out to the site and will be making a video as well. Huzzah! Everyone will be able to see how completely awe-some (!!) they look underwater.

During the surface interval, we can have a potluck lunch. So everyone (who wants to) can bring something to share with the rest of the group. If you want to do the potluck thing, please give us an idea of what you are planning on bringing (or avoid a “traffic jam” of cookies, etc).

The second dive will be at your leisure – you and your buddy. There will be no formal arrangement although people are, as always, able to whatever-the-heck-they-want-to!

Doc Wong is going to try and find a restaurant for dinner that evening where he can show his masterpiece video of us diving. Please let us know if you are going to come to dinner as we will more than likely need to have a reservation count. ***

RSVP Items:
(1) Will you (and/or your buddy) be participating in the potluck lunch? If so, what will you be bringing?
AND
(2) Are you (and/or your buddy) interested in joining the group for dinner that evening?

(1) Will you (and/or your buddy) be participating in the potluck lunch? If so, what will you be
bringing?
(2) Are you (and/or your buddy) interested in joining the group for dinner that evening?

Potluck: 2 people - Mark & Sarah - deli meats and other sandwich stuff (but not lettuce, etc since we are coming down the day before); probably some brownies or something as well.

Dinner: 2 people - Mark and Sarah.

As I said before - I am really looking forward to this ! :)

Potluck: 2 people - Michelle and Bob - I can bring some type of salad (macaroni, potatoe or ?) and some vegies and dip.
Dinner: Me for sure and I'll let you know later if Bob will make it.

I'm super excited too!! :D

Bob said he can make the dinner too, so make that 2.

Potluck: 1 people (yes, I know it should be person) - Brad, unless I can convince someone to be my buddy - I call the onslaught of cookies!! Just kidding...I'm going to go out on a limb here and bring some hummus and pita bread.

Dinner: Count on me for now...maybe I can get a date. :)

Potluck: 1 people (yes, I know it should be person) - Brad, unless I can convince someone to be my buddy - I call the onslaught of cookies!! Just kidding...I'm going to go out on a limb here and bring some hummus and pita bread.

Dinner: Count on me for now...maybe I can get a date. :)

Cookies are fine if you want Brad! :D Noone is that fussed. As for dinner ... a date!?!? Do tell. buahahhahaha!

Back
Top Bottom