Mk15 Dci

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was a 65m dives & the MK15 diver shot to the surface from 38m unconscious .... something like that.

The MK15 diver had to be brought back too Singapore for Treatment...sailing for more then 12hrs.

I wonder... do all of the CCR divers on that trip have enough hours diving the unit...... is a trimix dives.

I hope so

:)

Rickoz once bubbled...
Anyone know who got bent on the MK15 not too long ago :confused:

Hi Rick,

If you mean the incident on Saturday 23rd, then yes it was a MK15 diver, he was on trimix (I think we all were on that trip)

Last thing he recalls he was running his unit manually noticed his PO2 was a little low and manualy injected but then passed out at 38m and shot to the surface blowing all his deco (something like 40-60mins) Unconcious on surface, Type 2 DCS, given 02 during 12hour journey back. Scans showed lungs are OK but he has weakness in legs.

Snafu, to answer your question, yes they do and yes they were.

idiot fish once bubbled...

Hi Rick,

If you mean the incident on Saturday 23rd, then yes it was a MK15 diver, he was on trimix (I think we all were on that trip)

Last thing he recalls he was running his unit manually noticed his PO2 was a little low and manualy injected but then passed out at 38m and shot to the surface blowing all his deco (something like 40-60mins) Unconcious on surface, Type 2 DCS, given 02 during 12hour journey back. Scans showed lungs are OK but he has weakness in legs.

Snafu, to answer your question, yes they do and yes they were.

:) Glad to know that everything is okie.

I hope he will recover 100% from that event & continue diving.

Out Of Topic Question :

How is Vincent Boat compare to MV Empress?

Snafu once bubbled...

:) Glad to know that everything is okie.

I hope he will recover 100% from that event & continue diving.

Out Of Topic Question :

How is Vincent Boat compare to MV Empress?

Hi Safu,

Latest news (as of yesterday) is that he is able to bend his knees about 2 inches and can move his legs sideways a little.

Its going to be a long road to recovery for the poor guy - but at least hes showing signs of improvement.

Hes determined to keep his date for a dive trip at Christmas he was planning in PG! - Now thats guts.

Vincent's boat (whitemanta.com) is very comfortable indeed with nice aircon cabins and amazing food - even have a Thai masseur on board. Its realy a 'recreational diving' outfit, but hes teamed up with a local TDI guy and gearing up now for more tech diving with Trimix and O2 on board and a deco rig with surface supplied O2 (when they remember to turn it on!) I would highly recommend it (unless you want to do some realy serious ****), although he does tend to overfill - best to try to go on one of the regularly organised 'tech' trips'

The next one we are all going on will be end October, to dive the wrecks 7 skies and the Igara - spaces still available. :) Contact me if you are interested in coming on a tech charter with Vincent and I can see if I can get enough buddies together. The last tech trip we had 5 rebreather divers on board. A few of us were thinking of going out to HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales again soon.

I haven't dived off the Empress yet - but I am going on a weeks charter trip with him next April. He has a chamber on board a lift, sidescan etc and is very well set up (and imensely experienced)for tech wreck diving - so this is the boat for serious stuff.

Hi Safu,

Latest news (as of yesterday) is that he is able to bend his knees about 2 inches and can move his legs sideways a little.

Its going to be a long road to recovery for the poor guy - but at least hes showing signs of improvement.

Hes determined to keep his date for a dive trip at Christmas he was planning in PG! - Now thats guts.

Vincent's boat (whitemanta.com) is very comfortable indeed with nice aircon cabins and amazing food - even have a Thai masseur on board. Its realy a 'recreational diving' outfit, but hes teamed up with a local TDI guy and gearing up now for more tech diving with Trimix and O2 on board and a deco rig with surface supplied O2 (when they remember to turn it on!) I would highly recommend it (unless you want to do some realy serious ****), although he does tend to overfill - best to try to go on one of the regularly organised 'tech' trips'

The next one we are all going on will be end October, to dive the wrecks 7 skies and the Igara - spaces still available. :) Contact me if you are interested in coming on a tech charter with Vincent and I can see if I can get enough buddies together. The last tech trip we had 5 rebreather divers on board. A few of us were thinking of going out to HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales again soon.

I haven't dived off the Empress yet - but I am going on a weeks charter trip with him next April. He has a chamber on board a lift, sidescan etc and is very well set up (and imensely experienced)for tech wreck diving - so this is the boat for serious stuff.

Hi Fish,

Thank you for the information on Vincent dive boat.

Normaly I go on board of MV Empress ...Cpt. Vidar&Alice, very experiance ... lovely food, I love Alice's steak ... yummie.

The Lift is a great asset for tec. diving, pick-up after deco. from underwater ... relax & no stress at all.

As for the chamber, not there when I was on it 2yrs back & when I had coffee with him couple of month back, but he did mention to me that he is considering putting one up ... expensive.

Where are you base at the moment?

How many CCR diver are there in Singapore?

I'm base in Johor Baru, Malaysia.

He salvaged the chamber off one of the wrecks he found a while back, brought it up and slung it to the bottom of his ship and sailed back. After knocking off the barnacles he got her refurbished and did his training.

According to his latest ship spec he has her on board.

Im based in Singapore, as far as I know here there are

2 Inspiration divers (me being one)
1 Meg
2 MK15s (one sadly not active at the moment):(
3 KISS

but there may be more :)

8 RB's ...Not bad for a 35km long island! :)

He salvaged the chamber off one of the wrecks he found a while back, brought it up and slung it to the bottom of his ship and sailed back. After knocking off the barnacles he got her refurbished and did his training.

According to his latest ship spec he has her on board.

Im based in Singapore, as far as I know here there are

2 Inspiration divers (me being one)
1 Meg
2 MK15s (one sadly not active at the moment):(
3 KISS

but there may be more :)

8 RB's ...Not bad for a 35km long island! :)

In Malaysia as far as I know ....

2 inspiration owner ... me & me friend in KL

Think I will visit Vidar again sometime next week ... to see his new chamber... :wacko:

Ta.

A slight correction I believe: According to a regular on the Empress, the chamber is not yet fuctional - at least it was not as of 7 September when he was last on the boat. The Empress is still a fantastic boat, particularly for tech diving. When (if?) the chamber is operating, it will be 100% better.

Great to wander accross a thread about tech diving in Singapore :) look forward to being able to join in the fun soon.

Back
Top Bottom