Minimum depth for PADI AOW deep checkout dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried to look up the SDI standard that governs this, but of course I can't.

Years ago I downloaded part of the TDI standards, but now I understand TDISDI restricts its standards to professional members only, just like PADI. I believe that they are visible on line to members mind, whereas PADI's are simply not there at all.

IANTD's standards are freely visible to anyone who wants to see them. Can you think of any bona fide reason why access to standards should be restricted?

I tried to look up the SDI standard that governs this, but of course I can't.

Years ago I downloaded part of the TDI standards, but now I understand TDISDI restricts its standards to professional members only, just like PADI. I believe that they are visible on line to members mind, whereas PADI's are simply not there at all.

IANTD's standards are freely visible to anyone who wants to see them. Can you think of any bona fide reason why access to standards should be restricted?
Trade secrets and keeping the public from thinking they can train themselves or others now that they have the standards in hand (liability).

Which is more dangerous?

1) Pumping up 3000psi AL tanks to 3200

or

2) Taking students to 100ft

1 is certainly a violation of tank standards.

Let's see...which has more potential for killing someone? I haven't heard of an AL tank (new alloy) having any issues during fills. I have heard of students dying during AOW deep dives...more than just a couple of incidents.

In regards to IANTD standards online:

John_B:
Not any more...

They actually are available online. I just got both IANTD and TDI standards online. Also just checked the links and they're still active.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom