Miflex and Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using a standard MiFlex regulator hose and the converters we have on our site, you can create a MiFlex inflator hose for any alternate air device. The comment that these things "restrict the flow" of air is simply incorrect. These screw-on adapters are exactly how the OEMs make their hoses in many cases. They are perfectly safe and provide plenty of flow.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Tried that, turns out that it must have that barbed nipple that goes down the hose as someone else mentioned because I can only get it to unscrew a little bit no matter how much turning I do. So my take based on what I've read here is that I didn't get a high flow valve with the Octo Z. I did buy it 2nd hand.

Package shipped today from Divesports so when I get it we'll give it a try and report back. If it doesn't work I'm calling Zeagle or scuba toys to see if I can just get the screw in adapter.

This sure is a lot of f'ing around for a miflex hose....:wink:

Using a standard MiFlex regulator hose and the converters we have on our site, you can create a MiFlex inflator hose for any alternate air device. The comment that these things "restrict the flow" of air is simply incorrect. These screw-on adapters are exactly how the OEMs make their hoses in many cases. They are perfectly safe and provide plenty of flow.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com
Phil- I think there might be a misunderstanding here. Based on the description that Byte Me gave, we believe that what he was trying to do was find an adapter that would allow him to convert a standard inflater only LP hose for use with his Octo-Z. What Scuba Toys was saying, is what the rest of us are saying. That is, using an adapter that converts the standard inflater QD to a "High-Flow" octo/inflater QD is a bad idea. Among other things, the standard inflater LP hose has a Schroeder valve in the QD that restricts the flow of air. No one is saying that the adapters used to convert the female end of a regulator hose to a "High-flow" QD attachment restricts air flow.

Update - the adapter noted above, reg hose to Oceanic AirXS DOES NOT FIT on an Octo-Z. I contacted Zeagle who gave me the correct information. The part number is 342-7241 and your Zeagle dealer can order it for you. It will screw on the end of any standard Scuba hose and will add about 1.8” to the overall length. Zeagle changed to the screw in adapter (which will fit any standard reg hose) at toward the end of 2008.

Second - the adapters that Phil has on his site, as he noted, DO NOT restrict airflow. However, the adapters that convert a standard inflator LP hose for use with Air2 type devices DO restrict airflow. The ones Phil has screw on to a reg hose. The other variety are quick disconnect.

FINALLY got the Zeagle part number indicated above and true to Zeagle's work, it works perfectly! Exact fit, screws right in to a miflex reg hose and fits the Octo-Z QD fitting. Will use it extensively next week in Roatan!

It was <$10 from Scuba Toys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom