Miflex and Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talked to Scuba toys, they said the adapter restricts airflow by about 75%!! Does anyone have a link to the screw in adapter part that I'd need? ST was under the impression that Miflex and Octo-Z won't work, that I'd have to stick with the supplied inflater hose.

Cancel that request - called divesports - I need the Adapter to Oceanic XS inflator and the miflex regulator hose. Thanks!

Last edited:
Talked to Scuba toys, they said the adapter restricts airflow by about 75%!! Does anyone have a link to the screw in adapter part that I'd need? ST was under the impression that Miflex and Octo-Z won't work, that I'd have to stick with the supplied inflater hose.

If you have an existing Air2/Octo-Z inflator hose, you can just unscrew it from the end. It is not a one-piece adapter like the standard inflator hose

Cancel that request - called divesports - I need the Adapter to Oceanic XS inflator and the miflex regulator hose. Thanks!

If you have an existing Air2/Octo-Z inflator hose, you can just unscrew it from the end. It is not a one-piece adapter like the standard inflator hose
I hope the Oceanic AirXS works. I can tell you that the QD fitting that comes on the Zeagle is different than the one that comes with a Atomic SS1. The Zeagle QD will work on the Atomic SS1, but the Atomic QD doesn't work on the Octo-Z. What masterof0 said is the best way to get the Zeagle part. It's possible that Scuba Toys (or any Zeagle dealer) can order just that part from Zeagle (assuming you have an Octo-Z). For future reference (or to point a dealer to proof that it works) here are some pics:

ZeagleHiFlow.JPG

^Zeagle High-Flow LP hose that comes with Octo-Z^

ZeagleQD.JPG

^QD attachment on Zeagle High-Flow LP hose.^

ZeagleQDParts.JPG

^QD attachment removed from Zeagle hose.^

Miflex_RegHose.JPG

^Miflex 26" Regulator hose^

MiflexFemaleEnd.JPG

^Female end of Miflex regulator hose.^

Miflex_Zeagle.JPG

^Zeagle QD attachment on Miflex regulator hose.^

I know the OP was enquiring about the Scubapro Air2, but I would like to replace my inflator/secondary reg with Miflex as well; however, it's an Aqualung AirSource 2.

Does anyone know if these are the same, i.e. is there just a screw-in adapter already present in the Aqualung inflator hose?

>*< Fritz

Tried that, turns out that it must have that barbed nipple that goes down the hose as someone else mentioned because I can only get it to unscrew a little bit no matter how much turning I do. So my take based on what I've read here is that I didn't get a high flow valve with the Octo Z. I did buy it 2nd hand.

Package shipped today from Divesports so when I get it we'll give it a try and report back. If it doesn't work I'm calling Zeagle or scuba toys to see if I can just get the screw in adapter.

This sure is a lot of f'ing around for a miflex hose....:wink:

just curious, why would you want a miflex hose on you air 2. Its not going to provide you with any more flexibility.

Tried that, turns out that it must have that barbed nipple that goes down the hose as someone else mentioned because I can only get it to unscrew a little bit no matter how much turning I do. So my take based on what I've read here is that I didn't get a high flow valve with the Octo Z. I did buy it 2nd hand.

Package shipped today from Divesports so when I get it we'll give it a try and report back. If it doesn't work I'm calling Zeagle or scuba toys to see if I can just get the screw in adapter.

This sure is a lot of f'ing around for a miflex hose....:wink:

I have an Octo-Z and it came off with no problem. Can you send me a snapshot of what you are working with?

Here's a pic of a QD off of a standard Zeagle LP inflater only hose.

Zeagle_Standard_Inflater_QD.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom