Middle TN SB'ers Get Together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ill be there! I am doing my nitrox certification at Martha's that weekend, so I am there anyways. Hopefully I will be able to find some of you anyways.

vondo:
The website says "full service dive shop." Does anyone know if he rents tanks and has enough that I can show up without? Prices? Otherwise I will get a couple in town.

My suggestion at Marthas is bring your tanks. Though I think they rent them, I've been up therebefore where the didn't have any to rent, but that was several years ago.

I also don't know if he's still filling tanks with that diesel compressor. lets just say that I'd prefer to have my own tanks there.

this is kind of random, but does anyone know if Martha's will be open next weekend (easter weekend). I will probably be spending the time in Nashville, and was hoping to hit it up.

utdivermatt:
this is kind of random, but does anyone know if Martha's will be open next weekend (easter weekend). I will probably be spending the time in Nashville, and was hoping to hit it up.

I would call first to see before driving out there... Their website says first weekend in APril is when they open though.

Their number is posted on their website, but it might be out of service from what I read in another thead earlier this year. Fred hasn't updated his website in several years. If they don't answer, I don't know how to tell you to get in touch with them

from http://www.marthasquarry.com/contact.php
Fred Massie

According to their "Dive Log", someone dove there April 1st. So they appear open.
http://www.marthasquarry.com/log.php

BTW... temp was 59f at 10feet deep according to this log.

Martha's Quarry does rent tanks. I think they are all steel 80's. Unless there is a huge turn out that day I would think Fred would have plenty to go around but you just never know.

utdivermatt:

Fred opened Martha's a week or so ago. I'm new to Nashville, and dove Martha's on opening day, April 1. The average water temp was 50 deg, and hit 47 at the coldest. Brisk! Visibility was pretty decent, for a quarry (~25').

We'll be there this coming Saturday, April 15, if you want to join us. We roughly plan to practice bouyancy while task loaded (s-drills, shoot a bag, etc) on the first dive, if you're interested seeing/practicing that kind of thing. Basically, we'll probably stay put on that dive to get our diving legs back after the winter, working on whatever skills you want. On the second dive, we'll probably do some exploring of the attractions, like the u/w houses. It'll be a loose group of DIR & non-DIR divers, so everyone's welcome.

We'll probably get there around 10am or so. You can look for me. I'm a small guy (5' 9"), drive a black Audi, and have a TLS 350 with red overlay. Some say I bear an uncanny resemblance to my avatar, but I beg to differ :monkeydan

Best,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom