Mid-Winter Meet and Greet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be diving Otter cove with my LDS technician so if conditions don't permit; we will be present at Mcabee beach...

MG

P.S CAN YOU BELIEVE I'M STILL DIVING WET!!!!!!!!!!!! Must show you how much I love diving....

Ok... so I am a dork! I have to change my weekend plans. Now, I have to be in SoCal on Sunday, instead of Saturday. I won't be able to make Sunday morning at Lovers... :depressed:

Brew... NO! no one has an easy up except for you!!! :blinking:

As far as rain, the thing I have always been concerned about is bacterial levels due to run-off hitting the water and the higher risk of catching some nasty bug. I tend to get ear infections, especially, if I dive with less than two days after a rain. Also, it's been raining pretty intensely round here all day now (I am only 40 miles as the crow flies from Monterey Peninsula), and will prolly be the same tomorrow. The vis is a hit and miss after a rain around here, I've noticed. In SoCal, it pretty much always sucks after a strong rain storm. I am jonesing hard to dive. But, I don't think it will be worth it. Of course, having said that, it will prolly be stellar conditions! :wink: :rofl3:

If everyone else votes nogo for this weekend, we can always reschedule for next weekend... :confused:

Mike, where is that drysuit?

It's sitting in my garage in it's original bag with another original bag that has my undergarments as well...

I haven't read the Nitrox book completely so I didn't call my instructor to set up my classroom and my ocean dives...

I hate this... I should've never signed up for stupid Nitrox class!!!!

I already paid for both courses...

MG

I'll be at Point Lobos diving on Saturday so won't join in the diving, but if there are any after diving plans, let me know!

Thoughts on runoff?

nope. i have had good vis in rain and terrible vis. we could try mcabee then if its no good move to another site, but i'm expecting it should be fine. if the vis has been good lately, and runoff makes it a little worse then it will probably be 'normal' whatever that means.

-R

Sounds good. See you down there between 830 and 9!

I'll be there for the saturday dive FOR SURE, I have hotel reservations for both friday and saturday nights so I need to know if anyone will be diving sunday...otherwise I'll cancel my saturday night reservations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom