Mid-Winter Meet and Greet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like barring a major catastrophe, I'm definitely in for Saturday (unless everybody has decided to go Sunday instead). Is the plan still to do Macabee in the morning, and if so - around what time?

Yes some are still diving on Saturday, and yes, still MacAbee (conditions dependent that morning). As for a Saturday plan - let's plan on meeting between 830 and 900 with first dive at about 930-945. Please arrive at the time that you need in order to ensure you are ready to go in the water at 930. Also please remember that you need $7 if you plan to park at El Torito and that there really aren't any diveshops for airfills within walking distance.

I will be parking at El Torito and drive a grey Honda Pilot. So if you as there and unsure of who people are - say hi!

Can I get a rough idea of who will be there?

I will be there, and it looks like I'm coming alone.

Well, as of now my fiancee and I will be there Sat morning. The only time we've ever dove MacAbee was during our certification and the conditions were not good. Hoping to have a better experience this time out. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

Chris

Also please remember that you need $7 if you plan to park at El Torito and that there really aren't any diveshops for airfills within walking distance.

I will be parking at El Torito and drive a grey Honda Pilot. So if you as there and unsure of who people are - say hi!

WOW! When did they start charging divers to park there? They used to let divers park for free, if you left before the lunch crowds (aka before 11 am). That is so sad they don't still do that. :shakehead::depressed:

<sigh> L

So the rain forecast just went from 20% to 40% - Is anyone ditching because of the weather?

So the rain forecast just went from 20% to 40% - Is anyone ditching because of the weather?

The swell forcast looks pretty good with them coming from the W and you're going to be getting wet anyway. I wouldn't cancel because of a little rain...I've had some great dives in the rain. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom