Mid-Winter Meet and Greet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm tentatively planning to be there - possibly +1. I won't know for sure until the middle of next week though.

Ugh, tell me about it. I would love to be diving today!

Ugh, tell me about it. I would love to be diving today!

Me too! Sitting in this cube, in front of this computer, looking out the window at the beautiful weather outside, and knowing the conditions are probably great in Monterey right now is killing me!!! :depressed:

Let's all be miserable together. I was hoping to sneak away today, but nooooo.

Congrats to anyone who actually was able to get in the water this week.

Let's all be miserable together. I was hoping to sneak away today, but nooooo.

Congrats to anyone who actually was able to get in the water this week.

We did a scooter dive out of Fort Ross yesterday with decent vis and the best part was NO surge and NO current what so ever. Found some rock structures that were 30 feet high and loaded with Metridiums. The entire top of the rocks were white. We got checked out by a very large Sea Lion, who cruised by only a few feet away, then disappeared into the abyss. We saw tons of fish. The area is teaming with blues. Lots of greenlings too. We saw a lot of small fish fry, and even a swam of krill.

By the time we exited the water it was late and we were alone. The fog had come in and cooled it off. We learned hauling a 100lb scooter out with doubles on your back is hard to do even as a buddy team. We kept sinking into the gravely sand too far. Oh and speaking of the beach, the high tides and big waves have changed the beach substantially. We made it a short dive to get out before dark but left the park at 5:40 pm. 79 feet, 70 minutes, and a warm 50 degrees.

Probably the most beautiful thing we saw was the sunset. The fog laid down low on the water and as we looked out from the bluffs we felt like we could step out onto the clouds. The horizon turned a brilliant orange and was very majestic. Truly a moment on the coast to remember.

This weekend looks crazy... and ive dove enough crazy recently :wink:

The swell hgt doesn't look too bad but the intervals are predicted to be really long (18 seconds), so the surge will go deep. Last time I was diving off the Cypress Sea the invervals were something like 14-16 sec and the surge was really strong even at 80 ft. :shocked2:

SAT
N WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING NW IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AT 18 SECONDS.

SAT NIGHT
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS.
W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT.

SUN
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING NE. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR
LESS. W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT.

Well id be shore diving and if they are talking about closing beaches because of currents and such ill pass. That's just me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom