Mid-Winter Meet and Greet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's about right although you can pay to park at El Torito.

Yes, El Torito only charges $7 to park right there next to the beach. It's well worth it.

Silly people if you eat at El Torito afterwards, the parking is FREE!

Silly people if you eat at El Torito afterwards, the parking is FREE!

I don't know who sets their policy, but last time I was there, they said that was no longer the case. It's only free while you're eating at the restaurant.

sounds good. I've only dived mcabee once and would really like to get to see that site again. Maybe we'll get lucky like greg and see a whale!

I don't know who sets their policy, but last time I was there, they said that was no longer the case. It's only free while you're eating at the restaurant.

A few months ago we were there and they honored the free parking with lunch. Even if they do charge $7 is less than the lot across the street charges, and it is much more convenient. Had a so so first dive, but a great second dive with lots of harbor seal interaction.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "policy" depended on whoever was manning the lot each day. Doesn't seem like a completely organized operation :)

Yeah, I would agree although we were told adamantly that it was only free while eating, and brought up the previous policy. I guess it was too hard to enforce or something. Anyhow, I would gladly pay $7 to park there - that only buys you about 3/4 hour in most downtown SF lots, so it seems like a real bargain! :D

So - whose in? I would love it if some of the self-proclaimed newbies would join in. Always fun to have you guys! And no, not for poking fun at! :) Feel free to join in!

I'm so bummed!! I started my marine biology class tonight and our first field trip is the 24th. His focus is on the low tide at 4:00pm, so we probably won't be leaving the north coast til after dark. :depressed: I probably won't be able to make it down there until after 9:00 that night. Anyone else staying at Lone Oak?

So dive the North Coast in the morning and then hang out for the low tide experience. Hey at least you get to hang out at the coast.

Awww...another miss, I have my rescue class that day, need to finish that in order to start the tech class. Oh well, next time I guess. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom