Micra plus adjustable: okay for Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm

Registered
Reaction score
I have a us diver's micra plus adjustable. If this setup is okay for use with NITROX, I plan to buy another micra plus second stage for use as my backup reg. I'm currently switching to DIR and I'm ditching my cheapo $80 octo. Does $200 sound right for a second stage from the local shop?

I'd like to be the first to say your regulator is good for nitrox less than 40% O2. If you're DIR. You probably want to get a Scubapro or Apeks regulator. US Divers is not a DIR recommended regulator.

Yes, your Micra is rated for up to 40% out of the box, and as far as the DIR thing goes, I do not think that they only recommend ScubaPro and Apeks, as a matter of fact I know they don't, there are a number of regs that are considered appropriate for DIR, as well as SP and Apeks, the main thing as I understand it is that it be a high performance reg and not be a downstream design, and that you should be able to disassemble the second stage underwater without any tools if need be. I'm sure others that actually have DIR training will be along soon to give you a better answer on the DIR reg issue though.

Back
Top Bottom