Mermaid Crossing Trip 04 Dec to 20 Dec - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the trip WILL be OK, even with a Russian spy as a roommate, using a sink as a toilet, and no beer. :)

- Bill

I was hoping to add raining lava, but that didn't work out.

And Dan they just had to buy beer twice which they never had to do before. Montse the CD made sure there was enough beer to get to port.

Make sure you try this beer while you are there then.

Bintang Radler.jpg

Bring a few good books
cmr - Waiting in Phomn Penh airport, yet again

I am looking for a GOOD Marine Bio book that is offered on Kindle. I have the 2002 edition of the Castro book and I have been reading it, but frankly I think it sux -- I got it from my school's Bio teacher a while back.

Most textbooks are really expensive, and not much cheaper on Kindle, bit I would do it if I were sure it would be good.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

Dan, I am living in Bali at present so Bintang is one of my favorite food groups.

- Bill

That's great. Have you tried Radler version of Bintang?

My GF used to order 7up & added Bintang in 50/50 mix. Then we discovered Bintang made that mix already, called Radler. She drinks that ever since.

Last edited:
IMG_4706.JPG
Maybe I'll watch from a distance.

Sea snake is harmless & cute. One of Misool Eco Resort DM showed it to me by letting it swam onto his hand, as shown above. It has such a small mouth. As long as you put your fingers together, your finger tips are too big to be bitten by it.

My home for the next 16 days. Well, down to 13 now....

In a stroke of luck for me, and a big disappointment to someone else, a copule did not make it through Immigratiin at Indonesia. Dont know what the probem was (perhaps their passport was not valid for 6 months after their visit?) and I got upgraded to a private (albeit budget) cabin. MUCH nicer for me!!

upload_2016-12-7_16-3-26.png

So far we have dived off of Flores and at Alor! I am all about coming BACK to Alor!!!

- Bill

Reactions: MA
Fantastic! No worries about the Russian spy now. :D

Looking forward to reading your trip report.

I am looking for a GOOD Marine Bio book that is offered on Kindle. I have the 2002 edition of the Castro book and I have been reading it, but frankly I think it sux -- I got it from my school's Bio teacher a while back.

Most textbooks are really expensive, and not much cheaper on Kindle, bit I would do it if I were sure it would be good.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill
bill - i am looking for a few good books. i might be able to send them to you as a pdf. charlie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom