Mermaid Crossing Trip 04 Dec to 20 Dec - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My home for the next 16 days. Well, down to 13 now....

In a stroke of luck for me, and a big disappointment to someone else, a copule did not make it through Immigratiin at Indonesia. Dont know what the probem was (perhaps their passport was not valid for 6 months after their visit?) and I got upgraded to a private (albeit budget) cabin. MUCH nicer for me!!

View attachment 387163

So far we have dived off of Flores and at Alor! I am all about coming BACK to Alor!!!

- Bill
Wait a minute - where do you dive at Alor? Joanne and I really enjoy Alor, but for us it all about currents, healthy corals, and schooling fish. After 30 minutes looking at Mandarin fish and Rhinopias, I begin to seek a current-rich environment. :wink:

Alor: we dove clownfish Valley, Mucky Mosque, and Babylon. I don't recall any of these being high current.

Following is a pic of the roommate assigned to me by Mermaid. OK, I give up on trying to add a photo. The only way I know to do it on this platform is "paste". The icons above aren;t useful (to me?) for posting a photo that I have on my desktop. If someone knows how to do it besides "paste" please let me know.

- Bill

Last edited:
Upload a file...
2016-12-13_10-32-18.jpg

Alor: we dove clownfish Valley, Mucky Mosque, and Babylon. I don't recall any of these being high current.

Following is a pic of the roommate assigned to me by Mermaid. OK, I give up on trying to add a photo. The only way I know to do it on this platform is "paste". The icons above aren;t useful (to me?) for posting a photo that I have on my desktop. If someone knows how to do it besides "paste" please let me know.
- Bill

Just tap on the "Upload a File" button on the bottom to bring up a pop up window & tap on "choose file" button in the pop up window. Then another pop up window appear for you to select which picture you want to upload from your picture folder in your computer. Then a thumbnail attachment will show up on the bottom of you post. You can select Full Image to show the picture.

Here is a pregnant Bargibanti Pygmy Seahorse that I use as a demo while writing the procedure.

IMG_3512.JPG

- Bill
Alor has varied dive sites, from muck, anemone gardens, pristine coral reefs, and high current dive sites. Good for groups with varied interests and choice of dive sites. cmr

Depends I had terrible currents on my last dive on Anemone city/clownfish valley, it was a challlenge to go from one pool to the other. I stayed on my own shooting photos there while the group of other divers prefered to drift, when I surfaced the boat was 300m away.

True I never had such currents in Kalabahi bay.

Depends I had terrible currents on my last dive on Anemone city/clownfish valley, it was a challlenge to go from one pool to the other. I stayed on my own shooting photos there while the group of other divers prefered to drift, when I surfaced the boat was 300m away.

True I never had such currents in Kalabahi bay.
Similar experiences on at least 2 of my dives there! But last time we went deeper to look for Threshers!

But last time we went deeper to look for Threshers!
Hooo... and the threshers were there?
Along with hammerheads, silkies, all kind of reef sharks, sometimes a blue whale passing by, it seems Alor is becoming the capital spot for big fish in Indonesia.
Anyone to add sightings of whale sharks and manta rays?

Back
Top Bottom