Megadive @ Ginnie!!!!!! May 5-7, 2006!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool:
Are you walking slower these days?

I guess...
But I can't imagine why?

Da Beano

jeandiver:
I guess...
But I can't imagine why?

Da Beano
The reason the white vans are there is that the roost is only a hop a step and a jump over from the eye/ear (although its hard to hop or jump in doubles....). The white vans also turn up with their white coats when Ken is around, its a precautionary measure :wink:

diversolo:
From reading through the posts...not sure if the date is set yet. If it isn't, Here's my input: First weekend is great. Second weekend, so-so, but doable. Going on a cruise from the 18-21st, so third weekend is out for me. Whatever you guys decide.
I believe that Ken said he was going over to make the arrangements on Friday,
and that he was leaning towards either the first or second week of May.
So,I'll see you there!:D

Cause it is only something like 50 yards from the Roost pavilion to the Devil's entry platform.

Or did you finally buy that set of double 220's?

Dbl 220's ??
Is that anything like convrting a couple of those big LP tanks(like the ones they make trailer BBQs out of ??
Definitely wouldn't need any weight LOL
Brian

scubafool:
Cause it is only something like 50 yards from the Roost pavilion to the Devil's entry platform.

Or did you finally buy that set of double 220's?

DOUBLE 220's ?????
(oh boy)
Guess I won't need any stage bottles with those , huh ? :wink:

Jeano Beano

Double 220'S?!!! Yeah, I guess it WOULD be a three minute walk! Or crawl if you're dragging that kind of weight. I find it hard to believe you shouldn't just invest in a rebreather for THAT kind of air consumption!

I'll be heading to Ginnie in a few minutes to get the date set and take a look at the T-Roost area. We're talking just 50 paces to the downstream entry next to the eye.
Put it this way. I'm VERY confident that I could throw a 1 pound weight from the pavillion to the water at the eye, if memory serves on the distance.
(Then again, they say the first thing to go when you get old is,.. uh... um,... Hey ANDY! What's the um,... question again?)
Stay tuned,... same bat-time, same bat-channel,...

:letsparty:

Cool Ken,
I can answer taht question for you.
("Then again, they say the first thing to go when you get old is,.. uh... um,...")
This is going to be too cool being that close to the water.
I guess we'll all be watching out for kids/river eh.
I feel like there is something I'm forgetting. Hmmmm
Oh well if I remember what it was I'll get back to ya' on it.
Brian

The weekend for the Megadive will be May 5-7!
The pavillion/Turkey Roost Area is ours! Reservation paid, confirmation in hand.
The party/BBQ will actually be on Saturday at the Turkey Roost Pavillion.
I will be making a flyer for the event that will be posted online. It will have maps to Ginnie, the map to get to the camp/party, and any other info like the prices for entry and diving. IF we were to prepay for entry/diving/camping as a group, we would get a discount for such. Due to the logistical nightmares of the past, and the fact that we are NOT doing so, consider the posted fees on their website as standard.

(CORRECTION: From the pavillion to the edge of the Devil's Eye Platform is roughly 31 paces, not 50 as I had originally estimated.)
From most of the campsites in TR, the distance from the firepit to the water's edge is less than five paces. There is plenty of room for at least two pop-up type campers, however, there are NO electric hookups. Cathy stated that they do NOT allow camper/rv connections to the pavillions. The nearest electric sites are back in the main camping areas and will need to be reserved on your own, should you choose to do so. We will have at least one, if not two full sized tank grills available, and there are a number of smaller pole grills in the area.
If you have other special campsite selection requests,...
(NO, ANDY! You may NOT have the bellydancers circle moved to your tent.
You have to share with everyone else!)
...feel free to send me a pm, or post here.

ASAP, I will create a calendar event about this Megadive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom