Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the people who are bringing extra wet and/or dry suits...

Does anyone have one that they think will fit a 6'2" 260 lb guy? Now I just need to track down some gear for my husband!

Your stressing way to much... it is OK it will be fine dont fret over it. Just come the rest will fall in place.

Bad news folks, Mike called and said that someone put a hole in the quarry and the water is draining at an alarming rate. He said that he may not be able to get this repaired before the Meet N Greet. So it looks like the event is off, this really sucks especially with all the planning that has gone into this event.

Your stressing way to much... it is OK it will be fine dont fret over it. Just come the rest will fall in place.

I can't help it!

Bad news folks, Mike called and said that someone put a hole in the quarry and the water is draining at an alarming rate. He said that he may not be able to get this repaired before the Meet N Greet. So it looks like the event is off, this really sucks especially with all the planning that has gone into this event.

I've got some extra neoprene cement, it worked for the hole in my drysuit. Remember when the dam in Hell broke and drained the lake, I heard people were walking around on the lake bottom picking up fish.

For the people who are bringing extra wet and/or dry suits...

Does anyone have one that they think will fit a 6'2" 260 lb guy? Now I just need to track down some gear for my husband!

I don't have any extras but i'm a big buy and i'm sure my wetsuit would fit him. If i'm not diving at the time, he is more than welcome to use it. Only thing though is i'm only going to be there on friday as I'm leaving early morning saturday.

I can't help it!

Unfortunately, I think that asking questions on a message board gets translated as stressing out. I was chatting it up last fall and ran into this. So... whatever. I didn't think you were stressing. But if you were, it IS going to be okay!

About fitting wetsuits... I have gained 15 lbs since last fall and when I was at the pool last Wednesday I tried to put on my 3 mil full suit. Couldn't get it on. Grrr. My only consolation is that I didn't try very hard.

I'm not planning to dive at the M&G but if I do, I'll need to try on my 7 mil ahead of time to make sure it fits. Now THAT's a problem!

is this for real?:( Bob is so looking forward to coming! Maggi

Food items. Crunch & Munch, Nutter butters, PB&J sandwich fixins (if things get real crazy, maybe some of my "P" will end up on Ber's veggie tray [celery]), some bottled water, canned coke, and warm & dry weather. :D

:(

10-day forecast from weather.com:

Friday: Scattered T-storms, High 75°F Low 50°F
Saturday: AM clouds, PM sun, High 58°F Low 40°F
Sunday: Partly Cloudy, High 64°F Low 40°F

I think I'll be diving on Friday as much as I can...

Unfortunately, I was chatting it up last fall and ran into this.

Not that I want to re-live that whole Tobermory Incident. but Trust me you werent just chatting away you were serously fretting over it. To the point it was getting painful to read. Thus Why I made the comment that I did last fall.
Now this time I made the comment because. Were just going to Gilboa for pete sake. It isnt like your missing a dive in Fiji or anything. If you cant scrounge up gear not a problem. Come out have a huge meal a couple of adult beverages and meet some new people. It seems like when we get a week out, every year there seems to be some panic from some people. There is no need to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom