Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad news folks, Mike called and said that someone put a hole in the quarry and the water is draining at an alarming rate. He said that he may not be able to get this repaired before the Meet N Greet. So it looks like the event is off, this really sucks especially with all the planning that has gone into this event.

Just got back from Gilboa. Don't sweat it, the level is only down about 8-9 feet. All is good.

It took one hell of a big cork to fix it. More will be revealed later. :D

Ok, I'm pretty sure I will be the Chicago contingent again this year. Just want to know if there is a hole in the menu that I need to bring. I thought I would bring burgers, but should I bring something else? I should be in Friday evening.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I will be the Chicago contingent again this year. Just want to know if there is a hole in the menu that I need to bring. I thought I would bring burgers, but should I bring something else? I should be in Friday evening.

Chicago is what I call home.... Allendale, is just where i'm going to school and is my "temporary" home. :D

things are looking good for me being at gilboa on friday.

How much is park entrance for non-divers for the day? I think I will have a guest with me who isn't diving, and I don't plan on getting wet. We will be leaving friday night.

Rob

things are looking good for me being at gilboa on friday.

How much is park entrance for non-divers for the day? I think I will have a guest with me who isn't diving, and I don't plan on getting wet. We will be leaving friday night.

Rob

$15 for a diver; $6 for non-diver; $8 pp if you want to park at and use a campsite for the day. Any other info you need about Gilboa, look at the GLWC regional dive sites.

For the people who are bringing extra wet and/or dry suits...

Does anyone have one that they think will fit a 6'2" 260 lb guy? Now I just need to track down some gear for my husband!
I found a dive shop on rte 73 with a lot of really reasonable stuff. Check them out T.J. Sport Divers - Home

:(

10-day forecast from weather.com:

Friday: Scattered T-storms, High 75°F Low 50°F
Saturday: AM clouds, PM sun, High 58°F Low 40°F
Sunday: Partly Cloudy, High 64°F Low 40°F

I think I'll be diving on Friday as much as I can...
chicken!

Not that I want to re-live that whole Tobermory Incident. but Trust me you werent just chatting away you were serously fretting over it. To the point it was getting painful to read. Thus Why I made the comment that I did last fall.
Now this time I made the comment because. Were just going to Gilboa for pete sake. It isnt like your missing a dive in Fiji or anything. If you cant scrounge up gear not a problem. Come out have a huge meal a couple of adult beverages and meet some new people. It seems like when we get a week out, every year there seems to be some panic from some people. There is no need to be.
I know violakat03, and I doubt she is 'stressing' -- she's excited! And, frankly, so am I. We did our first solo (read 'unsupervised' ... or 'noob' however you like) dives from shore in Ft. Lauderdale together and we've both been chomping at the bit to do some more. And, while I am here and I haven't done any of this before, what should I bring, what should I expect, how much money can I expect to spend, is it reasonable to camp there...all the things the average noob would be too shy to ask because everyone will think they are a noob.

Two days of diving will run you $30 ($15/day), air fills are $8 each I believe (that should be on the website). Two nights of camping is $16 per person ($8/night). If you come in on Friday evening and hang at the campfire instead of diving then dive Saturday and Sunday you're looking at $46 plus air fills.

They don't take credit cards.

Bring plenty of warm clothes then pack another bag of warm clothes if you're diving wet.

Bring along some sort of food to share.

Bring along a chair to sit in, put your name on it so you can find it after the inevetable game of "musical chairs". Bring an extra chair or two if you have them and set them up around the campfire to be neighborly :wink:

Ber :lilbunny:

Bring along a chair to sit in, put your name on it so you can find it after the inevetable game of "musical chairs". Bring an extra chair or two if you have them and set them up around the campfire to be neighborly :wink:

Ber :lilbunny:

Can't make me, don't wanna.:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom