Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will need a LOT more weight for a 7mil than you will from a 3 mil not even taking into account for the fresh/salt theory. It takes a lot of lead to sink a 7mil. I actually use less weight with my dry suit than I did with a 7mil. then once you reach depth and the 7 mil is compressed than your overweighted. Going from fresh to salt is hardly noticeable except all the pretty fish and coral :D

Thanks for the info.... So now this poses another problem for me ..... Anybody have any extra weights they're bringing that I might be able to borrow? I expected to use less down there .... noob mistake! Or do they have weights available at Gilboa?

Thanks for the info.... So now this poses another problem for me ..... Anybody have any extra weights they're bringing that I might be able to borrow? I expected to use less down there .... noob mistake! Or do they have weights available at Gilboa?
Everyone has plenty of everything getting some extra lead wont be a problem

Ok heres a noob question just wanting to be prepared for M&G....

Should I expect the same amount of bouyancy diving in freshwater with a 7mm wetsuit as diving in salt water with a 3mm? What's been your experiences going between fresh and salt?

Thanks! Just wanna be ready for friday!

I take off about 12-14 pounds when I go from my 7mm 2 piece to my 3mm 2 piece.

I add about 6 pounds in salt water with my 7mm compared to fresh.

It is left as an exercise to the student to determine the rest of the solution.

Ken

I went from 18 lbs in the pool with a 3mm, to 26 lbs in freshwater in a 1 piece 7mm.

Yes, I know I wear a ton of weight, but I seem to be especially buoyant...

I went from 18 lbs in the pool with a 3mm, to 26 lbs in freshwater in a 1 piece 7mm.

Yes, I know I wear a ton of weight, but I seem to be especially buoyant...

If you refer to the post I made earlier It takes a ton of Lead to sink a 7mil wet suit then if do the farmer john type with the shorty over top of that you got 14 on the mid section you will need a TON of lead I dont care fresh or salt.

If you refer to the post I made earlier It takes a ton of Lead to sink a 7mil wet suit then if do the farmer john type with the shorty over top of that you got 14 on the mid section you will need a TON of lead I dont care fresh or salt.

Do you guys use aluminum or steel tanks? It just seems like you have to use a lot of weight.

Ahhh.... My sister just guilted me into spending the next week in Northern Illinois helping her out for a week. It stinks but will be fun as I'll get to spend most of the time hanging with my niece and nephews.

This means I'll be loading my car on Sunday morning, driving to Ill. I'll then leave from Woodstock to get to the M&G next Friday. I won't know until closer to the M&G whether I'll be able to make it in time to provide dinner / the soup for Friday night. I'll post as soon as I do.

My internet access will be limited (she had the sloooowwwwest dial-up avail.!) so if any of you need to get through to me you have my email address and/or cell phone number.

The good in all this? If I forget something I'll know several days early and can call one of you!

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom