Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, Mike typically has extra staff on for Ted's arrival and they just roll out a red satin carpet. Then two college girls in bikinis walk ahead of Ted's truck dropping rose petals for him to drive over. Upon arrival at the camp sight they form a set of stairs for Ted to exit his vehicle on.

AHEM! "What happens at M&G STAYS at M&G" Don't lose your turn for an ear thwapping by violating the most basic rule :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

AHEM! "What happens at M&G STAYS at M&G" Don't lose your turn for an ear thwapping by violating the most basic rule :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

That is the norm for when Ted arrives so I didn't think that I was violating the TOS for the Meet N Greet.

Don't worry I have already picked number 1 so I am just waiting for the now serving sign to change.:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

To see if I can force people to wear one.

All right, Ted; the peel-&-stick name tag cop! however, Mitten is going to reserve the right to put kt's tag on her himself.:eyebrow: and I'll have my camera at the ready.

All right, Ted; the peel-&-stick name tag cop!.

Actually since I have brought said tags for several years in a row. Furthermore since the fact now that you have brought this up for this coming years event. I would with the powers invested in me by being present tag holder. I would delegate to you the Job of dispensing and sticking of said tags. Anyone second the motion?

So exactly how much gear can be leeched from others? I'm having a hard time finding a wetsuit that will fit me, even on the rental racks (I'm just not built in normal proportions!), so I'm doubting any of the ones available there will fit me correctly. My husband would like to come also and dive if there's enough gear, he owns nothing of his own but we can get him a rental suit from the LDS for sure. Should he go ahead and rent a full set of gear? I only own a BC, so I'd need a reg, computer or gauges, weights and tank.

You will find people of all shapes and sizes at the M&G. I am sure that we will find something that will come close to fitting. I have a spare reg with computer that you can use. I just bought it used from a dive shop that just serviced it and have not checked it out yet but that will be one of the goals of the first dive on Saturday. Any time after that, you are welcome to use it.

I bring those every year. They dont seem to go over very well. I always lay them out but usually just Me ends up wearing one. I will bring them this year also. Just for tradition sake. To see if I can force people to wear one.

I have always yielded to pressure and put one on, just like numerous other folks there. So, you will see other wearing them, not just you.

Are they waterproof? :eyebrow:

I just thought I'd share too we are now in the 10-day forecast window for weather websites (even though the accuracy is poor being that far in advance) but here it is for findlay for Friday

Fri
Apr 25

Showers
High 63°
Low 44°
Percip 60%

And you believe them this far out . . .why????

Actually, that might not be too bad for this time of year. IF they're right.

Havent you been following this thread? I have had the sign on the what I'm bringing list since Day one. I already have it in the Bunkhouse so I wont be forgetting it this year.

Didn't you say that last year?

Actually since I have brought said tags for several years in a row. Furthermore since the fact now that you have brought this up for this coming years event. I would with the powers invested in me by being present tag holder. I would delegate to you the Job of dispensing and sticking of said tags. Anyone second the motion?

Seconded.

Denny, pics, please.

Ken

In case the name tags are all gone when I arrive (sans bikini clad Spartans with rose petals), I'll post a picture of myself.

You can't miss me:
:truckergirl:

Definitely an accurate representation. :D

I should be bringing along a husband and at least two friends (possibly three, and a fourth for her checkouts) if all goes according to plan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom