Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, does anybody have any peel-&-stick name tags? Maybe we could use them for Fri., especially for the new people. We could use our SB user name and our first names to help to learn & refresh the names of those who attend. Just a thought.

Are they waterproof? :eyebrow:

I just thought I'd share too we are now in the 10-day forecast window for weather websites (even though the accuracy is poor being that far in advance) but here it is for findlay for Friday

Fri
Apr 25

Showers
High 63°
Low 44°
Percip 60%

Hey, does anybody have any peel-&-stick name tags? Maybe we could use them for Fri., especially for the new people. We could use our SB user name and our first names to help to learn & refresh the names of those who attend. Just a thought.

I bring those every year. They dont seem to go over very well. I always lay them out but usually just Me ends up wearing one. I will bring them this year also. Just for tradition sake. To see if I can force people to wear one.

Are they waterproof? :eyebrow:

I just thought I'd share too we are now in the 10-day forecast window for weather websites (even though the accuracy is poor being that far in advance) but here it is for findlay for Friday

Fri
Apr 25

Showers
High 63°
Low 44°
Percip 60%

I think every year when we get to the 10 window it says rain everytime. Then the weekend of meet and greet it always turns out to be Sunny and Warm. I think I get sunburned every year.

I bring those every year. They dont seem to go over very well. I always lay them out but usually just Me ends up wearing one. I will bring them this year also. Just for tradition sake. To see if I can force people to wear one.

Hey follow another tradition and bring the sign.

Thanks for the clarification on what the bunkhouse is. Are the streets around the quarry also paved with gold? :p

I can throw in extra heaters for Paula's canopy. Looks like Steve_Dives is bringing his canopy/heater combo in lieu of mine (still need to replace zippers on my canopy--aaaarrgh!).

Nice!

Hey Paula, how about attaching some glue-on velcro to the back of the stickers and sewing velcro to the ends of a piece of elastic. That would allow us to "attach" the sticker to various underwater items.
Ber :lilbunny:

oooh... Good idea! I was gonna do something like this... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sb-sticker-contest/226359-sticker-contest-how-thread.html

I like the velcro idea better!

Paula

Thanks for the clarification on what the bunkhouse is. Are the streets around the quarry also paved with gold? :p

No, Mike typically has extra staff on for Ted's arrival and they just roll out a red satin carpet. Then two college girls in bikinis walk ahead of Ted's truck dropping rose petals for him to drive over. Upon arrival at the camp sight they form a set of stairs for Ted to exit his vehicle on.

Back
Top Bottom