Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, another noob from Dayton here, ViolaKat03 told me I should check out SB.

Depending how my work schedule pans out, I plan to try to make it to the M&G at least for a short while to hang out, I doubt I'll be getting wet sadly.

And Kat, dont get between me and my Reg :m16:

Hope to meet everyone soon!

Rob

Looks like I won't be able to make it this time. I've got a nasty sinus condition going on(I'll spare you the gorry details). Too bad for me, I wanted to get some pictures with my new camera set-up. Hopefully, next time will be better.

Looks like I won't be able to make it this time. I've got a nasty sinus condition going on(I'll spare you the gorry details). Too bad for me, I wanted to get some pictures with my new camera set-up. Hopefully, next time will be better.

So send the camera down with someone, we'll take some pictures for you. How about pictures of Trout :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Come anyway. We'll dive, you share the camera. :D

Ok heres a noob question just wanting to be prepared for M&G....

Should I expect the same amount of bouyancy diving in freshwater with a 7mm wetsuit as diving in salt water with a 3mm? What's been your experiences going between fresh and salt?

Thanks! Just wanna be ready for friday!

I'll find out about water temps this weekend!!

Not looking forward to really cold water but I'll endure it.

Ok heres a noob question just wanting to be prepared for M&G....

Should I expect the same amount of bouyancy diving in freshwater with a 7mm wetsuit as diving in salt water with a 3mm? What's been your experiences going between fresh and salt?

Thanks! Just wanna be ready for friday!

You will need a LOT more weight for a 7mil than you will from a 3 mil not even taking into account for the fresh/salt theory. It takes a lot of lead to sink a 7mil. I actually use less weight with my dry suit than I did with a 7mil. then once you reach depth and the 7 mil is compressed than your overweighted. Going from fresh to salt is hardly noticeable except all the pretty fish and coral :D

You can still come diving isnt a requirement at meetngreet.

I should be bringing along a husband and at least two friends (possibly three, and a fourth for her checkouts) if all goes according to plan!

glad to have em more the merrier. We here at GLWC just love the new victims ahem I mean noobies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom