Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm finishing up my OW certs now. I'm a newbie!! Unfortunatly I proably won't have my check out dives done by then, but I was just curious how big the group is and how active they are? How many people will you get at the M&G? Will you guys have groups diving most weekends. I'm just sort of trying to feel this board and group out thanks for any input.

brutus_scuba:
I'm finishing up my OW certs now. I'm a newbie!! Unfortunatly I proably won't have my check out dives done by then, but I was just curious how big the group is and how active they are? How many people will you get at the M&G? Will you guys have groups diving most weekends. I'm just sort of trying to feel this board and group out thanks for any input.

I don't think anyone knows how big a group it is! It is an informal one, we've probably had 20+ folks at past M&Gs.

We also set up trips to dive other locations throughout the season (season runs 1 Jan to 31 Dec). New Years Day dive is a good get together.

I have gone to do wreck dives and ended up with a dive buddy from here in Dayton, or from up in Michigan. So, you can end seeing folks at several locations through the year, but the M&G is a good chance to get a big group together in one place.

Ken

Hi Brutus!
There is usually someone diving every weekend and some of them are available to dive during the week if they find a buddy. If you ever want to go diving just post a thread here in the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew section in advance and odds are good you'll find a buddy (or four:wink: ).
Maybe you could see if your instructor would come down and do the certification dives Friday and Saturday then you could dive for fun on Sunday.
Even if you aren't certified you're welcome to come down and hang out with us, the surface activities are just as much fun as the diving and the s'mores CANNOT be beat!
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi everyone,
I am thinking about going, I am driving from chicago, I will probably leave on Fri. morning. and drive back sunday afternoon, I will be happy to share my SUV with someone who wants to carpool out. I live on the north side by foster and lincoln ave.
I also am going to get a hotel room, I don't camp well.
You can email me at robbrossio@hotmail.com for more info

electricbear60625:
Hi everyone,
I am thinking about going, I am driving from chicago, I will probably leave on Fri. morning. and drive back sunday afternoon, I will be happy to share my SUV with someone who wants to carpool out. I live on the north side by foster and lincoln ave.

Another option might be getting one of the rooms right on site at Gilboa it is way closer then the half hour or so drive back to Findlay everynight. that way you can enjoy after dive adult beverage if you so chose with out having to worry about meeting the local patrol officers. also I will be bringing the GLWC Bunk house and those that have seen it. Know it really isnt camping. I still have a couple of spots left on the floor for those who may want to stay there.

Plus Brian if your reading this bring some blankets this year so you dont have to lay on the floor like a hobo like you did last year.

electricbear60625:
Hi everyone,

Well, Electricbear, I will be leaving from Lincolnwood Friday morning myself. I will probably be following you (or you me) all the way there and back. But I will probably be bringing a tent. It will be my first time camping in a long time, since my family hasn't been much into it. Kind of looking forward to that. It would be good to see another "local" there!

Looks like we are goint o end up with a good group once again this year!

scubapolly:
Looks like we are goint o end up with a good group once again this year!

You never know. We might luck out. I'm sure it will be a good group as far as I am concerned. But then again, my standards aren't particularly high...:wink:

gtxl1200:
Ray,
its not about the diving!!!! its all about the company. I dont really like Gilboa either but what are we going to do.

I hate to miss out on this one, but the cost of that place is beyond reason for me. $200+ is too much to camp by that mudhole. It's all yours. Move the M&G somewhere better and I'm there.

-Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom